Matching Prices

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by charlie tapper, May 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. charlie tapper

any suggestions ? i have found out that i am between 1 and 3 pound more expensive on houses than other window cleaners. should i keep my prices as they are for existing customers and stick to my guns or drop down a pound or two to match other peoples prices . ( i dont want to loose any customers if they find out hes charging 10 for same house and im charging 13)

ie i charge £13 for a 4 bed house with a conservatory and clean all sides of conservatory..(£12 if only access to 2 sides of cons windows) or should i drop to £10 like other.

i charge £9 for 3 bed house should i drop to £8.

but also i knocked on a door other day ( a house i cleaned but they have bought their window cleaner with them ) i explained i used to clean the house before they moved in , they said we have got a window cleaner we have bought with us i said ok no worries , they then asked how much i charged i said i did it for 13 they said he charges 15 ... i said ok cheers and walked off.

so i am dearer then some but as well cheaper than others .

the one whos doing them for 10 for 4 bed with cons is new to my area and not seen him before and he has picked up quite a few jobs from his leaflets.

cheers

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

keep your prices the same :) jsut make sure your fair and ya customers are happy

3. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

Don't worry what other people charge. Charge what you think is fair and if you get undercut then so be it. The best customers don't ask the price when you're canvassing, they just say they've already got a cleaner. That's the type of customer you want.

Anyone who is price conscious and wants the cheapest will always move along when someone cheaper comes along. Try to keep them and you'll soon be working for nothing!

4. deano13

deano13 Active Member

stick to your prices if you got customers who try and get you to drop your prices cos someonez cheaper then let them go. hes probably new if you aint seen him before he probably only out cos the summer is here I never haggle with my prices

5. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=11pt]You can out grow some customer’s types; the idea is to be able to charge less, not more, offer a better service with a better price/value than your competition and at the same time have a better profit margin than your competition. Cleaning the windows should be the easy part of doing any of this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]You can have 350 customers at £13 or 175 customers at £26 – nothing or no one is really stopping you, I can pretty much guarantee it would be all in your head if your even thought so, the biggest obstacle is likely to be you, yourself. I have a wfp set up, and I make the fastest window cleaning brushes on the [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]mark[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]et, and I can’t compete with some trad cleaners for some types of work/customers, so I don’t bother. There isn’t a single reason for me to even think about trying to win that work, I window clean for money.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Should you drop to £8? I would guess the answer is 'No'[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Good luck[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Richard[/SIZE]

Advertisement