Missing in action.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Eddie dragon, Mar 24, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Eddie dragon

Eddie dragon Active Member

I was thinking about this writing another tread. Basically how many missed cleans by another window cleaner. Before its fair game?

Advertisement
  2. Guido Possum

Guido Possum Active Member

The customer's need for clean windows is more important than which window cleaner actually cleans them.

So clean them.

If/when the other guy returns you tell him the same thing.

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I know most on my 'patch' and most wouldnt miss a clean without fair reason (the good ones) the summer pint crew will miss them as long as they got beer money so dont care bout them.

If someone asks me to clean their windows then thats a deal. Obviously they arent happy with who they got so they ask me.

Game on.

4. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Think main thing if this happens is don't undercut, but make it more, as in my head, is if the other windy is not back, one reason maybe price or just running late. So if you are "pinching" work, then bump up price. If I bumped into them n there was a few words spoken, then I would offer to pay them one clean at his price mind you, for the job.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I wouldn't pay jack sheit
    It is down to the customer to choose who cleans their windows
    If i have been approached and quoted and got the job i don't give a toss who's job it was as i have done nothing underhand and just replied to an enquiry and got the job
    I had someone have a pop a couple of weeks ago that i was doing one of their ex customers in an intimidating manner (well that's what he was aiming for i think)
    I just replied that is how it is they have chosen me now wind your neck in a bit

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

There's plenty of comment here about the other window cleaner and 'pinching' his work but I would like to know what makes it 'his' work, he is MIA has not bothered to inform the customer as to why and hence is guilty of neglect of customers (hopefully through nothing bad)

The customer has approached you, asked you for a service and hence has now engaged you as the new window cleaner.

If I go to Tesco to buy a lemon and they have none I will not umm and arr as to do I wait for them to restock as I wish to be a loyal customer, no I go and get a lemon at ASDA.

Do you even know this other window cleaner? What is he to you? Does he put food on your table? So where is this misguided sense of loyalty come from.

I know half a dozen lads on my 'patch' and if a customer asks me to take over from the old window cleaner I ask what their name is. If it's one of the lads I know then I ask why? Find out whats the beef and see if I can't help salvage it for them. If it's someone I don't know well they don't pay my bills so I owe them nothing. Until the government starts licencing areas and dividing up the turf then it is open to any and all.

A few of us on here team up from time to time to help each other out and that deserves loyalty daveyboy and Damo are an example of this, but I am sure if they were asked to take over a job off a windy they never heard of their next move will be to quote the job. We all do, it's just business at the end of the day and if you do not provide a quality, regular and reliable service you can rest assured someone else will.

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

My assumption stands proven ^^^ Guess that was posted whilst I was typing my reply. :)

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I will take on work from people dissatisfied with the current guy that i actually know
    Bad service etc and just because i know who he is means nothing..he should not offer such a bad customer experience and they wouldn't move
    On the other hand me and Adams0211 are friends and will talk to each other about these customers rather than nick them off each other
    I had this conversation with a windie i know who said i need to ask do they have a windie and who is it before i quote in that area as it could be one of his or another guy he knows customers
    Yeah right
    I don't take intimidation as it doesn't work on me
    Also if these guys weren't doing a bad job i wouldn't keep picking up their customers without knowing
    I get contacted all the time on facebook and message and don't ask any of them those questions
    Just what's the address ao i can come quote

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Oh do not misinterpret my good nature for worry of intimidation daveyboy the ones I look out for are the ones that show equal respect and courtesy. On my patch there is probably 30 plus windies. All types from the flash van and system (with no idea) to the riff raff that want to threaten and try to intimidate (they get told to Foxtrot Oscar). Don't give a stuff about the majority, just the ones that are useful in my 'network'

10. Damo

Damo Guru

daveyboy was witness to this today.

Customer complained to old window cleaner and he never got back to her. I asked who the company was and told her straight why their quality has gone down hill (don't repeat the company dave lol o.....K ;) )

If i can fix this issue i will. Cleaned houses too many times and the old cleaner has turned up again.

Advertisement