Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I think gutter cleaning sucks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

Just come in,helping roofer friend of mine cleaning 3 story bock of flats. i was using my big gripper vack c/poles to do the job. i have a big up and over aluminium end tool,and a resently manufactured by me, plastic end tool cut at an angle ,that fits in a flexable plastic or silicone angle thing that most gutter cleaners have (resently bought).Ive done a few gutters,so have a reasonable amount of experence now,but found it Very hard going.Most of the gutters today were very full.First problem,the alloy up and over wasnt much good,the plastic end tool was better,but didnt cut the compacted dirt very well espesially with the silicone  flexy bend,cause it kept bending up on it self.2nd prolblem, after cleaning say 5 mtrs the poles were so heavy and the 30mtrs of ribbed hose,I had to bring down and flush with a bucket of water I also had to shake the hose to help the vacum to suck the water through.

I was thinking i needed a metal end tool,to cut the dirt better and probably a ridged neck .so as to get some force behind the cleaning process.Iam also wondering some of you maybe using a more powerful vac ,perhaps a preditor that sucks the water more easily right through when flushing.I had to go home and bring some 25ltr duums of tap water as there was none on site.i was recycleing water from the vac into the bucket to save on water also.May i have some advise and tips please,to make my life a little easyer please.Thanks one knackerd diamond....Oh the back part of the gutter was dificult tto clean also Best wishes

We just fill buckets of water from pure tank if we don't have access to water. A rigid neck would help as usually you can break the big sections up by forcing down with the tool. We also don't have anywhere near as much hose as this reduces the power of the vac greatly and allows the sludge to build up in the section lying on the floor.

We just fill buckets of water from pure tank if we don't have access to water. A rigid neck would help as usually you can break the big sections up by forcing down with the tool. We also don't have anywhere near as much hose as this reduces the power of the vac greatly and allows the sludge to build up in the section lying on the floor.
We do the same as a last resort , but usually manage to find an outside tap or water butt , I think his main problem is using 30 m of hose we use 12 meters and generally don’t have any issues with silting up of the hose , I think that length of hose is slowing the airflow down and it’s building up and causing loss of suction 

I bought a rigid neck kit from spinaclean for my atom and it was a game changer, ill never use the blue flexi necks again

I bought a rigid neck kit from spinaclean for my atom and it was a game changer, ill never use the blue flexi necks again
The silicone bends do have there place especially when working at shallow angles over conservatory roofs , a rigid  neck won’t let you get into corners but a flexible one will bend a couple of inches and be able to wriggle it around under tiles etc , but for general vaccing the rigid is better , 

If the gutter is bad I just pump water into the gutter via WFP placed in the gutter. Makes it easier to get the dirt out and stops carbon poles and hose getting sludge weighing them down. Carbon poles snap if they get too heavy. 

It's handy if I can connect the pole to customers garden tap as the water pressure is stronger than of the van. 

Thanks very much for your helps fellas.I was interested in getting another hose from Vacuum Systems,a smooth one,it looks easyer to handle than my ribbed monster,are they smooth in side do you know? being ribbed might also hold on to the dirt inside,what do you think please?and yes i,ll geta smaller one thanks

Thanks very much for your helps fellas.I was interested in getting another hose from Vacuum Systems,a smooth one,it looks easyer to handle than my ribbed monster,are they smooth in side do you know? being ribbed might also hold on to the dirt inside,what do you think please?and yes i,ll geta smaller one thanks
Surly you don't use 30 metres of hose?

Latest Posts

Back