Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman claw handle

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rugbywolf

View attachment 8208 I've used Liquidators since they came out, but only in Wagtails, and they have been great. There was one I had and tried to put into an ordinary Brass handle, but that never worked. I always have several (conventional brass) squeegees with me. Anyway, recently I found that it was possible to put a liquidator into a conventional handle and so bought a large channel, some replacement plastic ends and two (Moerman) handles with a view to replacing the sqeegees I carry with me. I particularly wanted a 14 inch complete. Having never seen the handles close up, I was surprised by the 'Claw' holding the rubber in. What a daft idea! But, I got my 14 inch set up and off I went, and it was fine, except for changing the rubber.

Now let me step aside for a minute. I have a thread on here "dual mod for the liquidator", where I show how to secure the plasitc ends, which also helps to hold the rubber in place.

So I found that it was awkward to change the rubber, and coudn't take the channel out of the handle very easily because the plastic ends wouldn't come off. I thought this was daft. So what I've done is cut the points off the 'Claw', and this will still hold the channel firmly and allow the rubber to be slid out in the normal way. My clip suggestion holds the rubber in place, I have been using it a good deal today, and it is fine.

Exactly the same design as the unger ergotec handles

Not designed for the liquidator channel but for the normal ss channels

I filed them down slightly on my old ungers for the same reason when i was using modded ss channels

The normal channels have regularly spaced notches cut in the channel which the spikes go in which holds the channel firmly

Exactly the same design as the unger ergotec handlesNot designed for the liquidator channel but for the normal ss channels

I filed them down slightly on my old ungers for the same reason when i was using modded ss channels
Interesting, I've always used the original Unger/Pulex/Ettore/handles, so don't know much about these ergonomic ones.

My old unger ss channels have the ends angled and the tips bent down

Then I always slightly crimped the end of the channel against the bulb in the rubber to hold them in (same effect as the hot water mod with the old liquidator clips) so no need for the spikes

im not using my liquidators anymore as i just didnt enjoy using em. sure i got the good results but its not an easy tool to relax using as you need to watch the tips so they hit window edge precisely. dont watch and the tips judder into the rubber some . you guys on the squeegee allday know wot i mean.

i Think if the tips werent so pointy,maybe had a ball pein style end to them,then theyd ride the rubber better,just a thought View attachment 8215

im not using my liquidators anymore as i just didnt enjoy using em. sure i got the good results but its not an easy tool to relax using as you need to watch the tips so they hit window edge precisely. dont watch and the tips judder into the rubber some . you guys on the squeegee allday know wot i mean.
i Think if the tips werent so pointy,maybe had a ball pein style end to them,then theyd ride the rubber better,just a thought View attachment 11588
I find that best are when you use the channels in a Wagtail, otherwise they are just another squeegee, only more positive on the edges.

Back