Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

More Combinator Videos at work this week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Last ties after doing my shops early morn I went to help a mate clean a big job in bury st edmunds and 2 smaller jobs in stowmarket. While he was parking his van in the right place and then trailing out what seemed like 3 miles of hose I cracked on. We both cleaned about the same amount of windows. Me being trad. Then he spent ages reeling it in while wiping it with a towel. I'm sure his jobs would be easier tradded.

I like Stowmarket

As you go up the hill from the level crossing into town the chippy on the right just past the turning for asda on the left does portions of roast potatoes

Mmmmmm

Oops that's downham market lol

Stowmarket i get food from the co op petrol station (well not anymore as i don't drive for my mate anymore)

I used to drive thro Downham with the station on your left, thro the town and out the other side in an artic before the put in the weight limits lol

It is still good at being an applicator and squeegee like a vice versa but to change sides with the scrubber and use it 1 pass it needs to be cutI haven't got one and can already see that

I suppose that's what you get when non window cleaners design a tool
I'm not a great fan of the one pass method, I used to do it years ago when using an applicator and squeegee. What happens when you get bird **** and marks that won't come off with a simple wipe?

So this is the 25° handle with a 14" channel. Used pretty much all day today on a large house clean with traditional scrubber in other hand. Bob has definitely nailed this one. A very very ergonomic fixed squeegee and incredibly smooth and accurate. Towards the end of the job I compared with my fav 14" Wagulator... I feel a change of workflow looming... :)

View attachment 7393

I have been using solely liquidators lately when tradding and it makes the jobs fly by

This is an example and I'm not rushing

Not detailing makes it quicker as you just soap..squeegee..wipe sill..walk away

I can do it a lot quicker with a bigger squeegee but i had this one on me and couldn't be bothered to go back to my bucket for a 14"

A little nod to Bob with his cheeky swirl on one of the windows

[media]

[/media]

I have been using solely liquidators lately when tradding and it makes the jobs fly byThis is an example and I'm not rushing

Not detailing makes it quicker as you just soap..squeegee..wipe sill..walk away

I can do it a lot quicker with a bigger squeegee but i had this one on me and couldn't be bothered to go back to my bucket for a 14"

A little nod to Bob with his cheeky swirl on one of the windows

[media]

You ALMOST make me want to go and give my liquidator another try.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I can't even remember it's been that long mate. I'll have a look in a sec.

Just the channel mate. I got it when they first came out to play around with.

I'll have a look when i see you next

I'm in great ashby all day tomorrow

Got 25 houses due there

Paul, What boab you using as I have the Unger classic don't think the combinator will work with that.

Thanks.

Den

That is the moerman boab

Only 11 quid on wcw

Yet i still managed to have an order for over 100 quid of mostly moerman gear without a combinator lol

Cant wait for it as i am looking forward to trying patio doors and some shops with the 22" beast

Not used a 22" in 25 years trad

18s are fun though

Will look on wcw site.

What rubber you using on your liquidator channels have read the liquidator goes thru rubber quickly and have problems with clips falling off been rectified yet.

Thanks.

Den.

I use razr red from facelift..get it on wcw

Isn't cheap but a few on here will agree especially @Eric Gilliand that it doesn't wear easily

It is silicone whereas normal squeegee rubbers are natural rubber

It is a bit harder than soft rubber but glides and acts differently

I can use the same piece for well over a month in a liquidator but the moerman i would do in under a week

It is the same dimensions as moerman too whereas the unger etc is about 1mm narrower front to back which doesn't sit right with the liquidator clips

I haven't lost a clip since before the liquidators were released

They are a tight fit but if you're worried pull them off and put a spot of glue on them but I haven't found that necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember now lol you mention the razr red before think I will order a combinator and liquidator with some razr r d.

Cheers again.

Only tried my combinator a couple of times today, really sunny, after thinking I was doing well with it, had a close inspection and seen cloudy streak in some bits along the edges a few milimeters wide:confused:, where the end clip curve was. so will have to try again, had got on ok with it in my house when practicing.

Practice makes perfect mate

I've been tradding since i was 15 (40 now) and would still lose my edge if i didn't trad for a few months like recently with wfp

Took me half hour just to get my technique bang on on Saturday morning

Just have to keep using it until you don't even think about it and the new tool becomes part of you

Latest Posts

Back