Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Two men one van mount one trolley.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddie dragon

I have both a van mounted system and a trolley with 8 barrels. I'm taking someone on two days a week so thinking I just need to buy a pole and second guy is good to go. Plan is to park van in best spot on any given road for max use of the hose real. Then send guy off to do odd ones on opposite side of the road. In time thinking I can drop him and barrels off on some nicely clumped together work. Then motor off in the van to next lot. Two questions. How many barrels for a 7 hour day? Do any of you work similar?

would it not be easier to have guy doing backs with trolley and you knock out the fronts

you will get through graft so quick

what van have you got, two reels would be the way to go if you could

I would,int drop guy of on his own

No experience at all. Still I had none in January so that's OK. Vans a Peugeot expert. Got 500l pure freedom system but just one pump. Will try doing backs with trolley see how fast it is. Don't see how setting up two hoses per house is faster though. Small houses surly better to do one each.

Before I got a van mount I was using 150-175L of barrelled water a day on my own doing about 12-15 houses in 7 hours. Filling those up every night was a pain in the ass though. Don't miss it at all!

Eddie, like you I have a Peugeot expert and a 500 litre tank.

I take 6 25l barrels also. I park on the side of the road where I have the most work. My worker, mark grabs the trolley and does the other few on the other side of the road, changing barrels when necessary.

He then brings the trolley over to the van, gets out a length of hose that has a female hozlelock attachment on either end. He attaches one end to the 'water in' of the pump and throws the other end into the van tank. This takes seconds.

Because the trolley has a reel on it with 60m of microbore on it, he reels out and helps me.

When we have a break, we will fill some of the barrels back up.

Been working this way for years and find it works perfectly. Hope this helps /emoticons/smile.png

I do a lot of very big houses as well, so this system also works by leaving the trolley next to the van. He will do the front, whilst I reel to the back

Yep. Just remember to prime the pump of the trolley first. Taking the feeder hose in and out of barrels sucks in air, so let the pump run for a few seconds, on a high setting. After its finished spluttering, atach the feeder hose and use it the same as a van mount, remembering to turn the setting back down /emoticons/smile.png

why all the messing about ? , go and buy a reel and a pump job done sulry your making enough money to afford buying some new gear why mess around trying to do something that's not ever going to do the job ?

pull up on drive , you grab 1st hose and walk round the back , while other helps with feeding pipe , he then grabs his hose as he only need a small amount , he does just front / side if your still cleaning because of a conny this gives him time to pack his stuff away , do job card and start slowly wideing yours in ,

two men system are not 2 times as fast on normal houses but they come in to there own when doing rows, or two houses as the same time on single normal houses you save around a 3rd of the time witch is a lot all added togather

why all the messing about ? , go and buy a reel and a pump job done sulry your making enough money to afford buying some new gear why mess around trying to do something that's not ever going to do the job ?
pull up on drive , you grab 1st hose and walk round the back , while other helps with feeding pipe , he then grabs his hose as he only need a small amount , he does just front / side if your still cleaning because of a conny this gives him time to pack his stuff away , do job card and start slowly wideing yours in ,

two men system are not 2 times as fast on normal houses but they come in to there own when doing rows, or two houses as the same time on single normal houses you save around a 3rd of the time witch is a lot all added togather
I have 2 reels. However, I personally don't like running hoses across roads so the trolley comes in handy in this situation.

It takes seconds to grab it out the back of the van

must agree with noddy two reels on van quick easy peasy no problems

big houses just makes it easy ,if your work is close to home bat your 500l water,home to refill.

now steve is right about pulling hoses over road got to be careful had the worst experience

Hose pulled over road {quiet country village}

young doylum with go faster stripes and low body work

catches my hose pulls 100m of hose of van plus reel never stops

I was working in front garden heard big ban thought he had ran into wall outside

ran outside !!! there he was running doon the road with hose and reel arxe hole

thank the lord above nobody was injuredj

It was the first time i had used 2 reel setup last week, it will be better with a different coloured hose though., as long as you dont work too close to each other its a great set-up. i saved 1 hour this way. which meant my helper got paid 1 hour less.

get a second hand reel if you can, or buy new one. , pump& controller. you wont regret it., i use my old van battery to power up my second pump&controller, just need 2 crocodile clips for pump to connect to battery.

its worth it in case your backpak goes dead

we cross road with the hose daily mostly on very busy main roads , the best way to do it is make sure the hose is straight / layed flat no coils as these catah cars ,

Eddie, like you I have a Peugeot expert and a 500 litre tank.

I take 6 25l barrels also. I park on the side of the road where I have the most work. My worker, mark grabs the trolley and does the other few on the other side of the road, changing barrels when necessary.

He then brings the trolley over to the van, gets out a length of hose that has a female hozlelock attachment on either end. He attaches one end to the 'water in' of the pump and throws the other end into the van tank. This takes seconds.

Because the trolley has a reel on it with 60m of microbore on it, he reels out and helps me.

When we have a break, we will fill some of the barrels back up.

Been working this way for years and find it works perfectly. Hope this helps :)
Could you post a photo of the trolley and hosereel mate.

Back