Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder m8 vs bps ladder base

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mine are extended by 2 rungs as can't fully collapse them with standoff attached

I have to hold them 1 rung higher than i would without standoff to balance them

Sounds like I'm defo doing something wrong then. Found this to try:

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
No never carry an extended ladder about or you will come a big cropper for sure.

When doing roofline work on most 2 storey jobs with that type ladder having the wide stabilising bar at the bottom of the ladder it makes it easy just to place the ladder collapsed where I roughly want it then push the top section up as far as I can reach comfortably. Then the middle section to the desired height when doing gutters so the microlite standoff rests on the roof tiles. I then adjust the ladder if need be to make sure it's set right and level. After doing that I deploy the ankalad legs so I have a very stable platform to work from.

To put the microlite on/off the easiest way I've found when the ladder is collapsed is to position the ladder in enough space so I can walk the ladder down to the ground. Then walk it back to the upright position.

Thanks smurf. I'm having another go on Saturday. Was starting to think you're all four times stronger than me! I've used ladders before but not for maybe 15 years and I forgot how these type work! Last 15 years it's just been interior step ladder stuff.

They are scarily heavy at 7m with a stand off dancing around the garden :)

I think if I wasn't relatively fit from my martial arts training I'd have done myself an injury. What a learning curve this work is!

Ladder went up fine using the 'standard method' ;-)

I still wouldnt like to carry it even collapsed over much distance with obstacles or access issues as the base catches on stuff so the weight can then swing it.

Or in thick mud but best you don't go trying to climb the ladder with mud on yer boots /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back