Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first couple of months

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Got my first real complaint today customer complained thst the water made her ground wet I kind of to my self of course laughed it off its kind of a package deal water is usually wet lol

But she msged me this morning to say that the brush had stained her drive and sent pics now I did her house yesterday at lunch and she said it was like this this morning after kids were taken to school

Obviously only using pure water no soaps bleach or any kind of chemicals and will be doing a check later with hers and anyone I did after hers to see if there is similar outcome

But any ideas guys

View attachment 19009

View attachment 19010

View attachment 19011
Tell her the rest would be clean also if she had it pressure washed and buy a small gx200 powered pressure washer lol.

You can only clean bits of the floor wfp not stain it.

Bellends you have to deal with.

Just get out and knock some doors and you'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
there looks to be oil stains on the driveway, maybe she took the pics straight after the windows were done as I don't think your at fault, I do think she may be trying to have you over to get the driveway cleaned 

Last edited by a moderator:
there looks to be oil stains on the driveway, maybe she took the pics straight after the windows were done as I don't think your at fault, I do think she may be trying to have you over to get the driveway cleaned 
She said it was next morning but I didn't believe her and yes there is oil stains thst she said was soap stains that must of dripped from my van even though I wasn't parked there and don't use soap and was definitely oil but apart from all that she was bang on lol 

Have decided to drop her and when I did not 20 mins went buy and I had 2 more customers in the same street lol

They said that they had seen me doing hers and they liked the results 

She said it was next morning but I didn't believe her and yes there is oil stains thst she said was soap stains that must of dripped from my van even though I wasn't parked there and don't use soap and was definitely oil but apart from all that she was bang on lol 

Have decided to drop her and when I did not 20 mins went buy and I had 2 more customers in the same street lol

They said that they had seen me doing hers and they liked the results 
Every cloud has a silver lining 

It's been 6 months and things are going great ? Hope everybody here is well and business is ok during these tough times! Remember we are allowed to work!

So I've finally bought a van and put some cheap sign writing on it (£40 from ebay) and obviously it's so much faster and easier to work now! Loads of customers have been coming out asking to have their houses done, have picked up about 10 customers that way in the last couple of weeks! I think this covid thing is helping though as everybody is stuck indoors looking out of their dirty windows haha. 

Facebook posts are doing really well too, I put a few up in the local buy & sell groups on Saturday morning and had 17 first cleans booked in by Sunday night, with a lot more potentials still to chase up. I've stopped charging extra for first cleans on FB - leads just seem so adverse to it! Yes I'm doing first cleans for £10-20p/h but so many more quotes are getting accepted and to be fair most of the customers ask for a regular service on completion of the first clean anyway. Yes there are messers on FB but it's free advertising, and I've gained about £500/month of good quality customers from there in the past 6 months - not even posting every weekend. I guess it's pretty self explanatory but if anybody does want more details about how I get customers via Facebook please drop me a message I'm happy to help! A few more organic enquiries are being made via my website since I've reached the first page of Google. I plan to continue working on the SEO and get my website to the top spot for "window cleaner MYCITY" by the end of the year.

Financials are making me smile now - I'm due to hit £1k net for April with a target to net £1.5k in September and big dreams to have a second van running this time next yet.

Currently have 68 good quality customers on 4-weeklys, producing £743 per cycle. Plus a few more on 8 and 12 weeklys making £100/month. 

Best purchase was the homebrand PVC cleaner from Screwfix. It's so quick and easy to clean up stained PVC which adds a real wow if the cust wasn't expecting it!

Roll on May!!

Thanks for reading, kind regards, Joe.

It's been 6 months and things are going great ? Hope everybody here is well and business is ok during these tough times! Remember we are allowed to work!

So I've finally bought a van and put some cheap sign writing on it (£40 from ebay) and obviously it's so much faster and easier to work now! Loads of customers have been coming out asking to have their houses done, have picked up about 10 customers that way in the last couple of weeks! I think this covid thing is helping though as everybody is stuck indoors looking out of their dirty windows haha. 

Facebook posts are doing really well too, I put a few up in the local buy & sell groups on Saturday morning and had 17 first cleans booked in by Sunday night, with a lot more potentials still to chase up. I've stopped charging extra for first cleans on FB - leads just seem so adverse to it! Yes I'm doing first cleans for £10-20p/h but so many more quotes are getting accepted and to be fair most of the customers ask for a regular service on completion of the first clean anyway. Yes there are messers on FB but it's free advertising, and I've gained about £500/month of good quality customers from there in the past 6 months - not even posting every weekend. I guess it's pretty self explanatory but if anybody does want more details about how I get customers via Facebook please drop me a message I'm happy to help! A few more organic enquiries are being made via my website since I've reached the first page of Google. I plan to continue working on the SEO and get my website to the top spot for "window cleaner MYCITY" by the end of the year.

Financials are making me smile now - I'm due to hit £1k net for April with a target to net £1.5k in September and big dreams to have a second van running this time next yet.

Currently have 68 good quality customers on 4-weeklys, producing £743 per cycle. Plus a few more on 8 and 12 weeklys making £100/month. 

Best purchase was the homebrand PVC cleaner from Screwfix. It's so quick and easy to clean up stained PVC which adds a real wow if the cust wasn't expecting it!

Roll on May!!

Thanks for reading, kind regards, Joe.
Well done just goes to show what a bit of determination and hard work can accomplish keep up the good work 

Latest Posts

Back