Need advice with quote

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by paulio, Jun 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paulio

paulio Active Member

Hi guys, title says it all, not done anything this big before so any help would be much appreciated. they want a quote for outside only and a quote for inside and out. I'm 100% trad and based in london.

photo 3.JPG
    photo 1.JPG

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Looks like you won't reach a lot of the windows doing it trad :(

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That job cries out wfp method to me at least for the windows in the roof & above the conservatory as no way could I trad pole those windows properly anyhow.

4. cheapncheerful

them roof ones trad are really scary...i couldnt face that again ...i had one and did it for awhile but too old now..

now as for a price...well it is london...maybe up here in da poor north ....well i would maybe ...to be nice say...outside not including conny roof £95...but as its in london....wow....

insides are nearly the same but does depend...some i charge a bit extra ...some like the one i dodged today were leaded only on the outside.....oh little squares...

i did use to do one bigger than that took me a day in and a day out...and that was skipping a few...well she was very very tight ...she owned a small loans company...that was going back nearly twenty years so the price wouldnt help.. but walking up the drive to start....:eek:

5. paulio

paulio Active Member

Thanks for the reply's guys. Went to have a look at the house in person today, they don't want the roof cleaning as they have already had a WFP guy to do that, they wont let him touch the windows though as last time she said after he had finished they looked 10 times worse lol.

You cant see in the pic but there is a walk way behind the conny roof under those 3 windows so can pole them from that, and top floor can be done from inside, they went for the inside and out clean anyway!

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Still don't see how you can trad the outside of those top floor windows without hanging out the windows to try to do them properly. Aren't the ones on the front just top openers and how will you clean the round window on the back if its fixed?

Don't knock water fed pole until you try it :D

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

got to be £100 of anybodys money for the outside and 100 for the insides

8. paulio

paulio Active Member

Top windows open individually not just the openers, port hole window flips over.

I never knocked WFP, it was the customer that was unhappy with the service.

9. paulio

paulio Active Member

My quote was pretty close to that. Probably going to take best part
    Of a day to do.

10. cheapncheerful

good luck and let us know how you got on....my arms are aching looking at it...:eek::D still wack the music on and get stuck in...

Advertisement