Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Google Adwords?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luke Barnard

Does anybody have first hand experience with the paid adds on Google Adwords?

There appears to be some good offers if you're willing to spend over £25....

...but has anybody actually used it and got worthwhile results?

Any tips or ideas of how much to spend per day would be appreciated :cool:

I was planning to limit it to two local postcodes so the furthest would be about 7 miles from me, they allow you to set daily limits with the lowest being about £40 per month and if its not working you can withdraw or suspend your add with 24 hours notice.

I'm pretty happy with where my website sits for window cleaning (always top 3) but I thought this might be a quick way to jump to the top of the page for pressure washing?

Google addwords works on pay per clicks so you will get a lot of clicks that may not generate in to calls say from competors or people that click the add but don't call.

Depending on where you are based and how many others are doing similar you will do £40 in the first week.

If I'm searching for something on google I usually skip the ads because they are often national companies and I'm looking for a local business i know they are relevant to my search but my brain tells me they are only there because someone paid big bucks and not because they are the most relevant

I always skip ads as they are paid and not there on any other type of merit.
I do the same but there must be those that don't!

I may just throw £40 at it and see what happens...he who dares Rodders....

I never ever click next page, if what I'm not looking for on the first page isn't there il change my wording before I click next

Ive tried it , was not rewarding . I was even at the top of the page , really expensive . Now im using Facebook , and just pass Out cards to my good customers and say " could you recomend me please !?" The other Day i did it to a custy ,ive recieved 4 mails of his friends ! Gonna qoute Them tomorrow /emoticons/wink.png totally free /emoticons/biggrin.png

Theres a lot that goes into it, you cant just chuck 40 quid at it and see what happens lol

It takes time to analyse how your ads are performing and what keywords provide the best bang for buck etc.

Seo is great and easy to do the basics if you have little competition for your keywords, if you have lots of competition then it takes a lot of work with off site seo to get good rankings and youll never stay ahead of the game as good as an seo company will

Theres a lot that goes into it, you cant just chuck 40 quid at it and see what happens lol
It takes time to analyse how your ads are performing and what keywords provide the best bang for buck etc.

Seo is great and easy to do the basics if you have little competition for your keywords, if you have lots of competition then it takes a lot of work with off site seo to get good rankings and youll never stay ahead of the game as good as an seo company will
Nothing wrong with testing the water...I'm not looking to bump my window website up just to advertise a link to a dedicated pressure washing page that I'll add to my site if I do decide to try it.

If I get nothing then I'll know not to bother with it in the future.

Back