New Gardiner extreme 18 & supreme soft hybrid brush

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jonathan Sanderson, Apr 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jonathan Sanderson

Jonathan Sanderson Active Member

Just this week recieved my new extreme pole and also new supreme brush. Wow!

The pole is just awesome. I've been a slx user for years, but the extreme really makes the slx feel like an old fibre glass pole. It reminds me of how I felt when I made the change from a fibre glass pole to my slx. What a difference.

Hopefully it's going to help me be able to work faster, more efficiently and be less tired at the end of the day. Totally love it.

I also really like the new supreme brush. It's the soft hybrid I've got, and from what I gather, it's the best maintenance cleaner of the range. If anyone has liked the tecbuk then they will definitely like the supremes. Great splay on the glass, and awesome scrubbing power from the inner natural bristles.

Hats off to Alex and the team for both the extreme poles, and new brushes.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/al...es/xtreme-telescopic-pole/pole-xtreme-18.html

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/al...iving-soon/the-supreme-soft-hybrid-brush.html

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Wow that's well expensive.!! But I bet it's a good pole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Excellent Jonny. I remember that we both ordered our SLX 22 at almost the same time, and for some strange reason you got an SLX25 o_O. At no extra cost. Some guys have all the luck lol.
    Is the difference all that great ?
    Apart from the price, I'm a bit scared of those Extreme poles as I've heard they are like my lady, High maintenance :)

4. Jonathan Sanderson

Haha your right jimmy! I'd forgotten about that. I got lucky with that one.

There really is a big jump in difference mate. It feels like when I went from fibreglass to slx.

That's the only down side is that it is going to be a bit of maintenance involved to get the most lifespan out of it, and I may replace a section every year, but I'm more than happy to pay £100 or so every year to use this pole.

I'd never have thought the extreme would feel this nice to work with, but you just feel like there is no weight at all.

This is the 18 foot I've got mind, no doubt if it was a 25 it would feel heavier, but it's the rigidity that I can't get over. No flex at all in the 18 foot.

That pic above is me holding out the pole horizontally with one hand. It's just effortless to manouver on the glass.

5. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

6. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

id rather spend the extra cash on a longer slx. You dont need to be a weight lifter to use a slx

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Pointless buying an 18 ft extreme! My Phoenix x 18 is 980 grams! And stiff as an exited man.

An extreme pole isn't gonna make you any more money, it's not going to impress customers, or the wife, or the bloke watching you across the road, tbey don't care what you use. It's an ego thing for most, unless the pole is over 40ft then an xtreme is pointless in my view.

The placebo effect may make you work longer days, but in reality you won't earn more, you'll just spend more on maintenance and cleaning!

I think as window cleaning has changed, so has the windkw cleaners, we now buy these super expensive poles, when, in reality it won't make any difference to our working day, not at 18-40ft anyway... (Unless you regularly use a 40 ft plus pole, then by all means get an xtreme) I think we only lured to these poles for our own excitement and to show off to other windows cleaners! There's no way there's any profitable reason to have an 18ft xtreme pole... Sorry Johnny I just think it's silly!

8. Jonathan Sanderson

jimmyboots yeah the 18 foot reaches a lot more than you'd think. On a standard house it reaches right up to the gutters with ease.

I've still got my slx 25 for higher or awkward ones, but I think I'll be replacing that with an extreme too in the future.

Andy I thought the same for years. Unless you've used the extreme though it's hard to grasp how good it is. You don't have to be a weight lifter to use a harris pole, or a fibre glass pole either, and in the same way the extreme is just another level of quality and ease of use.

9. Jonathan Sanderson

Jake each to their own.

I've used a Phoenix pole and in my opinion I wouldn't touch another one with a barge pole. In fact it felt like a barge pole.

I'm working long days at the moment to get through all my work, starting on the glass at 8am and sometimes finishing at 6pm, 5 days (sometimes 6) a week, week in week out, rain hail or shine. So I've decided to use the best poles I can afford.

I've also started having a slight niggle in my right shoulder when I've been working long days. So using the lightest and most rigid poles out there is only going to help.

Anything to make my working life easier/more efficient isn't pointless in my eyes mate.

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Appreciate that mate, but I can't believe how solid and light my Phoenix is, I've got gardiner poles as well, 2 slx's but my 18ft Phoenix is like a feather, I also work long days, but I can say for a fact that I would not be earning more money with an xtreme unless it was 40ft plus,

It's not hard work using any 18-22ft carbon pole is it?

But if youve got money to burn then fair play, I'd rather spend the money on stuff outside of work to be honest, I work to live not live to work though. That said, I love my job! Just rather spend the money on a nice holiday or household bits...

You must have had a dodgy Phoenix pole, cos mines now a year old and hasn't ever had a problem, used everyday for all my standard houses...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement