Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Liquidator 3.0

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spent a little time cleaning and re-cleaning my back doors this evening, happy to say the channel works fine, the end clips are good, zero detailing is still a reality.

Blue rubber, not there yet, maybe it's a bit too cold? The black rubber seems to have the edge but that has already been used a few times.
Does it work better than the previous channel ? 

The moerman soap isnt anywhere like it was when it came out, I ended up buying 5 litres and its rubbish, used to smell great and have great slip, but now more sudsy and less slip.

Ive used Stardrops multi surface cleaner 89p from home bargains, I would say its my favourite at the mo, someone on forum said about it before.

No idea what the dude is saying but maybe there is a bit less pressure on the 3.0 so the rubber doesn't burn out every 10 seconds like the 2.0.
I would imagine the less pressure would stop lines. If you look closely at the 2.0 the tip bends the rubber which then leaves the lines 

It holds the rubber tighter and it still gives zero detailing, don't use it enough know if it has any effect on the end shredding some people complain about.

I really gave mine a good go but gave up in the end it was great one day but then awful another. I scratched a couple of panes one day, dont know how as I always have my rubber slightly over each end, fortunately very small & not noticed by customer but that was the end for me. Gone back to my dog eared unger s channels. More detailing but...

I really gave mine a good go but gave up in the end it was great one day but then awful another. I scratched a couple of panes one day, dont know how as I always have my rubber slightly over each end, fortunately very small & not noticed by customer but that was the end for me. Gone back to my dog eared unger s channels. More detailing but...
It surprises me that the end clips scratched the frame.

I've only had a shot on my own window, as I don't really trust them doing a good job.

Interestingly, I have a standard 'council' pvc window n the clip did 'grind'round the frame, I do have a seal n I did have a bit of detaing to do, slither of soap. 

Think end clip must have rode over seal to make contact with frame.

I will probably stick with my unger dog ears channels n wagtail, as they do a great job with no manic stress in getting it just right all the time. 

Either pane of glass or frame is surprising ?
Never scratched a frame with it which is baffling to me. Dont know whether it was the angle, pressing too hard or the rubber flicked under the squeegee so when I couldnt figure it out I lost a bit of confidence so went back to my old unger s channels.

I don't know what the 2.0 one was like, but the 3.0 is very different from the 1.0. Much better. The dog ears don't push the ends of the rubber forward, so it doesn't leave lines over open glass anymore, and it's much easier to turn.

It's pretty good, but I still prefer my own home made S- channel dog ears, but they are very difficult to make. Honestly, they should keep updating the liquidator to 4.0 etc, but it's getting there now, and it wouldn't hurt to have those dog ears pushed back 1mm (it'll still do the raised seals, who cares about the flat seals, as only the liquidator 1.0 is gonna do those, you need a lot of downforce on the end of the rubber there)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back