Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what detergent?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Had to be Irish as us paddys know best:D

My new van reg ends in PAD too:)

not that i am the suspicious type but are you sure your a windy.....never heard of that but the name does sound good anyway welcome lottie123 unless of course your just trying to sell us all your product:eek: so here is a test ....what is unbleached irish linen better known as...only good if your trad...okay where does pure water come from...he he he from the tap of course:devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to revert to using fairy on friday as I ran out of ecover. Now, I have been wondering about this for a while and noticed again on friday............does water when applied to windows with fairy, dry out slower than ecover infused water. I dont know if I am imagining this but, to me, ecover drys out quicker. Is this possible?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
used fairy again today. The weather was warm, but I am certain the glass remains wetter for longer with fairy. Back on the ecover tomorrow so I will compare.

I use ecover so will stick to that and alot reccomend it. Bought mine out of tesco at £1.75 for a litre on a deal bought 2, nearly finished so regrettin not buying the shelf:-\

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

>>>(ecover with flash all purpose cleaner) is very good combo as is( ecover with white vinager)<<<
True tench! I posted that tip last year! one other thing you will notice with the flash/ecover mix is it works very well on hot glass gives you more working time before it dries!

Interesting that you say that james as I have been coming to the conclusion that ecover alone dries quicker than fairy in hot weather. Maybe flash makes a difference.

Interesting that you say that james as I have been coming to the conclusion that ecover alone dries quicker than fairy in hot weather. Maybe flash makes a difference.
Flash makes a big difference 2 capfuls into 5 ltrs of water +ecover is good for hot glass plus it gives really good slip!

I use an additive call HG-system, it's Scandinavian. I put in the water the amount directed on the bottle, that gets through the muck and grease like no-ones business, and then I add a good quality washing up liquid called Bio-D to get slidability; - works great.

When I first started window cleaning some 25 years ago, I used nothing but Fairy but back then, I was using cloth only. Since returning to the trade 15 months ago and switching to Squeegee, I moved straight to Ecover as it was recommended by most on this forum and I've used it since....that is until today.

I ran out over the weekend and as I have to travel to buy it(no local shops sell it), I decided to buy a bottle of Fairy this morning. The first thing I noticed was after a couple of squirts into my bucket, my water was soapy, probably too soapy...I have to use more than twice that much Ecover for the same result...I had noticed over time how watery Ecover is.

The 2nd thing I noticed was I could actually smell the lemon scent, it doesn't matter what Ecover I got, I could never smell it unless I stuck my head in the bucket. I could smell the Fairy all day long, everytime I used my applicator. Glide felt good but I did instantly notice that my Squeegee would squeak more on the glass but is that a bad thing ? We've all heard the phrase 'squeaky clean'. Also, after reading what MrTay has mentioned earlier, I don't remember a window drying up today even though I was working in warm weather.

It really was a joy to use today and unless my customers phone me and say 'the windows were great but today I can see smears', I think I'll stick with Fairy now.

Mart.

i think the only prob with fairy is it leves the window sticky an the windows seem to get dirty quicker just my view tho:),going bk to the flash an ecover its very good on smokers housed it strips all the yellow off the glass in 1 go i do a job were they smoke an i soap up the to big patio doors then blade off an there clean as a wisel i used to use fairy but some times had to go over them 3 or 4 times to get the same resalts maby adding flash to fairy my help to stop the sticky ness wrth a try i recken:)

Latest Posts

Back