Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Applying detergent

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Everyone,

Im in the final stages of getting my van ready to get on the road and start working,

I have come up against 1 potential issue and was wondering if some of you could tell me how you deal with this matter,

When doing a pretty bad/ dirty first clean it would appear many use some kind of detergent first to clear all the dirt and then go over it again with just pure water,

My question is how do you personally get the detergent on the windows (considering they are pretty high up windows) to save money on the initial set up i was thinking of diluting to detergent in a bucket and just dipping my brush in that to get it on the windows, but i haven’t seen or heard many talking about doing it this way?

Is my idea a bad one and should i go get myself a back pack that can spray chemical or do you think this will be oka?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

There are lots on here who use a backpack to apply solution, but this is mainly required for softwasing or something similar.

For windows a bucket with some solution in it will be fine. We do this very rarely as windows would have to have something unusual or just need it which is not often

I used a manual pump sprayer that connected to my pole for ages. But I very rarely use any chemicals these days, only occasionally on conny roofs.
I found the effort of applying then washing off the chemicals as much effort as just cleaning with pure.

I have a mini pump up spray bottle (1.5lts) that I have Ubik mixed in. Spray directly on ground floor windows and even on 1st floor for some newer houses. For the ones it can't get I just spray some on the brush and scrub.

Back