Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to cleaning and would appreciate some help/tips

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mark8par

Good evening all,

I know this is probably not what some want to hear but I want to setup a cleaning system for my home, I am a joiner by trade and like to do things myself if possible.

I have various parts of my home I want to clean regularly, windows, solar panels, block paving, exterior tiles, rendering etc and I have been looking at purchasing some equipment to help me achieve this.

I think I have most of it covered and have opted for a Gardiner pole system with a backpack (I wont be putting it on my back) for soft washing the exterior of my house (stone and rendering) I live in an area that gets green quickly. I have also come to the conclusion that whilst I am paying for this I might as well wash my windows as we dont have a reliable window cleaner in my area. I have been looking at on of the Unger Hydropower for windows and I have a TDS monitor which when I check the external tap came out at around 70 on multiple tests.

Any tips or help would be much appreciated.

I have had quotes to do some of the cleaning that is required and I know it would be a professional job but there are quite alot of jobs need doing on a fairly regular basis and it will turn out very costly, so please dont shoot me for trying to do it myself it wasn't my idea it was my wifes so shoot her.

Cheers for the help
Mark

IMHO forget about an Unger Hydropower. It's expensive, and so are the resin refill bags.

Personally, I would opt for a cheaper di vessel x 2 and buy MB115 resin, all from Daqua.

Double di means you can fully utilize your resin. If you don't know how double di works, then a search will bring up plenty of information.

I did buy my preowned di vessel from an Ebay supplier many years ago and it's fine. But there have been some who got rubbish, so I would opt for new if I was buying again. That removes the risk.

Daqua has a resin and funnel deal which I would recommend with your first resin purchase. That funnel makes filling your di vessel so much easier. Squeeky Clean Dave on YouTube has a video on changing and refilling a di vessel with resin.

Last edited:
Good evening all,

I know this is probably not what some want to hear but I want to setup a cleaning system for my home, I am a joiner by trade and like to do things myself if possible.

I have various parts of my home I want to clean regularly, windows, solar panels, block paving, exterior tiles, rendering etc and I have been looking at purchasing some equipment to help me achieve this.

I think I have most of it covered and have opted for a Gardiner pole system with a backpack (I wont be putting it on my back) for soft washing the exterior of my house (stone and rendering) I live in an area that gets green quickly. I have also come to the conclusion that whilst I am paying for this I might as well wash my windows as we dont have a reliable window cleaner in my area. I have been looking at on of the Unger Hydropower for windows and I have a TDS monitor which when I check the external tap came out at around 70 on multiple tests.

Any tips or help would be much appreciated.

I have had quotes to do some of the cleaning that is required and I know it would be a professional job but there are quite alot of jobs need doing on a fairly regular basis and it will turn out very costly, so please dont shoot me for trying to do it myself it wasn't my idea it was my wifes so shoot her.

Cheers for the help
Mark
My best advice is to use the search box at the top of the page

Read everything and take notes
No disrespect but everyone asks a million questions which have been asked and archived with all the answers

Back