Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to the game!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

New to the game!!!
I am about to get fitted with a pure fed system in my van and give it all a go
Any snippets of wisdom that existing cleaners want to share to help me on my way please feel free.

New to the game!!!
Any snippets of wisdom that existing cleaners want to share to help me on my way please feel free.
Yeah, read all this, stay well away from high voltage overhead lines and you'll not lose your limbs of end up in a coffin is the best snippet of wisdom to any new starter

Thread 'Working near overhead power lines - Exterior cleaners health & safety' https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/...-lines-exterior-cleaners-health-safety.39049/

New to the game!!!
Sorry no snippets but read the whole forum, everything you need is here. Use the search box at top and anything else just ask.
Don't sell yourself short even though you don't have much experience (I'm assuming you don't). Look smart, be confident, be honest with customers - if you can do a window say so!

Hi welcome. Where abouts in the UK are you?

Honesty,reliability and price are the main things customers want.

I've found talking to them and getting to know them.secures for many years.

Watch youtube videos for.simple.tips and dont buy equipment because the price.is cheap as you will probably be buying it again soon

near where i drop of my lad i see a newbie has all the signs but hes sitting at home thinking his phone will rings but it doesnt work like that he should be out doorknock every daylight hour or at least in a cafe chatting to a loudmouth type

New to the game!!!
Good luck @Gareth R Jones . Nothing original I can add at the moment except be polite and do the best job you can. Invest in a decent pole and a couple of brushes (sounds like you have done that already). What I found to be good is I have an embroidered polo shirt and jacket with my work name on it. Where I live there are quite a lot of older people, so I always say "when I come to quote/clean you won't be able to miss me as I have a blue shirt with my name on...etc". Probably sounds obvious but it does help them realise you are genuine. Plus I get the occasional walk up either when working or if I'm on the school run. Best of luck with everything mate.

Most newbies fail in there first year because they sold themself short. Push the price bounderies! You will be suprised how many expenses you will incur during the year. Be prepared to walk awy from work - don't be desperate for work and never undercut another window cleaner. Good luck!

Where you located by the way?

New to the game!!!
Get at least 30 customers,knock on doors,get Google my business,tell potential customers you will give them 10% of initial clean for a good review, try and get monthly cleans, and text the night before and tell them you will be out with them and leave cash and gate open for access

Most newbies fail in there first year because they sold themself short. Push the price bounderies! You will be suprised how many expenses you will incur during the year. Be prepared to walk awy from work - don't be desperate for work and never undercut another window cleaner. Good luck!

He's just down the road from you....maybe you could take him out for the day show him how it's done?even give him tips on pricing/equipment,etc?👍

pricing higher than you think is a good tip,as is not under cutting other windies,you will get more work passed to you

I am located north of wolverhampton and still very much in the planning stage
I do have a friend in the game who is offering good advice too
Thanks for reply

New to the game!!!
I have ionic hot water system for sale, hot box, tank, 5 poles, air heater , power reel hand reel cost me £15k for sale £3k, can’t get better kit, I’m retired so selling, let me know if you want to see it, Andy

Latest Posts

Back