Newbie in a muddle

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by unit, Dec 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. unit

unit Guest

Hi all,I'm new to this forum and window cleaning in general.
    I jacked my building job in about this time last year and decided with the money I had,to set up an external cleaning business.
    Windows are becoming my bread and butter,with gutter/driveway upvc cleaning as a nice little top up on the side.
    I guess I have been up running propaly since April,and now I'm starting to get reg clients,around 25 at the moment,not massive numbers but I have a memory like siv.
    I am using my google calander to plot each months clients in too,I do wonder if it's very accurate,after having a bad exspirience with the I pad calendar deleting my regular clients after so many days.

So was wondering what system you chaps are using to make sure clients are not getting missed out.
    I am considering cleaner planner,but could do with out the exspence.
    Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. Markyboy 50

Hello u nit. A pen and a diary works for me. It's fail safe. Never deletes your work. Has worked for 35 years for me!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

GEORGE the window cleaners assistant , is an easy way to keep a log . i wouldnt be without it www.georgesystems.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Round partner
    Tenner a month but well worth it

5. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I used google calender too and found like you it removes regulars after a month as it dosent have enough memory. I changed to a pro planning system would highly recommend, or make your own in excel is possible too.

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

My round is 6 weekly and rammo. I have it written neatly into a big work book that I just follow. Never had a problem in 20 years.
    I'm quite o.c.d, so I keep it neat so no need for google thingy in my humble opinion

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Index cards. Each customer has a card with date for next clean. Cards at front of box are next to be cleaned. After cleaned, next date is added (2 months for most) and card is put to back of box.

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Cleaner planner. Manages 600 clients a month for me.

See ad at top of home page.

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

If you dont have many custies than pen and paper will be fine for you for now or use microsoft excel and backup to the cloud or external usb.

then id get george or cleaner planner, trial both and see which u prefer

10. TolishAPurd

Maybe a silly question, but how do you use the diary?

I use index cards, all organised into days in certain areas.

Advertisement