Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie seeking advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JT88

Hi all

Long time lurker here, first time poster. I guess in the grand scheme of things I’m just starting out - been doing WFP work for 6 months now, got a transit van last year, some Jerry cans and a gardiner back pack, doing around 5-10 houses a weekend and business is steadily building. Doing it alongside my 9-5 mon-Fri desk job currently. Taken around 6 months to get to this point. Been knocking on doors, advertising in the local magazine, all while juggling marriage and being a dad to an 18 month old - wouldn’t change anything. What I love most is the satisfaction of earning the extra cash solely through one’s own enterprise. Eventually I’d like to do this full time.

I wanted to ask a few questions to the more experienced lads now I’ve got some experience under my belt and understand the job a bit more.

1. How more efficient does moving to a tank make you? Ie, can you quantify the time it takes to do 10 jobs with Jerry cans vs a tank, hose, pump set up?
  2. It’s currently taking me 45 mins to do your average 4 bedroom detached house. It usually takes me at least 30/35l of pure water meaning a trip to the van to unload a can and pour into the backpack, plus mucking around with hose, untangling etc. any tips to reduce this time without impacting the quality of the job?
  3. I’m struggling to get customers to commit to more frequent than 8 weeks. Any tips to drive those repeat customers?
  4. I have a few customers with lead windows. I use a flocked brush for those. It’s glides nicely but takes more time. Any other options to speed this up?
Thanks in advance.

J

Latest Posts

Back