Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

tennis courts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

simon

got a 560m2 one to quote, its tarmac & pretty green, ive only got a turbo nozzle & a 40d one, ive been reading for the last hour & none the wiser some say run like f & some say take a while but no problem, any opinions pleas

I'm doing a Tarmac drive on Wednesday and recolour I'll post up before and afters

If you do use a turbo turn the pressure right down

Spray with funcidal wash first,I do it day before

Tarmac is actually a pain because once it's wet it looks darker and clean so be very thorough or when it dries it leaves striping

I did one last week red tarmac, looked good when i finished, NOT when dry, looked patchy. So going to do it again next week, then never again haha

I'm doing a Tarmac drive on Wednesday and recolour I'll post up before and aftersIf you do use a turbo turn the pressure right down

Spray with funcidal wash first,I do it day before

Tarmac is actually a pain because once it's wet it looks darker and clean so be very thorough or when it dries it leaves striping
sorry for the embarrassing question, but to turn the pressure down do i just play about with the unloader ???

sorry for the embarrassing question, but to turn the pressure down do i just play about with the unloader ???
Just turn down engine revs and the pressure valve on the pump usually blue **** just twist it

I did one last week red tarmac, looked good when i finished, NOT when dry, looked patchy. So going to do it again next week, then never again haha
Ye Tarmac holds dirt so it's gotta be very thorough or dries ****

Also I will steam it on a low pressure

I always use a FSC, also did a double tennis court earlier in the year, rinsing is a pain as its so far from the edge.

If I didn't have the FSC I wouldn't touch tarmac tbh, can't see how you will either not end up ripping some up or getting it even, and the area as well, its going to be soul destroying with a turbo even if you do get it right.

When I did some courts earlier in the year the lines were painted on and it was fine.

However Depending on the condition you may want to warn (as I did) that the court may need to be re-lined after it is cleaned.

FSC I would say is a must and I would say a water-broom is also almost compulsory. Charge enough to cover all costs + the 2 bits of kit you will need and you should be alright.

I charged £1500 for 2 courts 1300m total took me 2.5 days total due to a lack of water on site. I also included a Biocide in this price. ( Wet and forget)

Have a search for jets/flat surface cleaners etc, I forget where I got mine now but I have linked it several times, but they have a chart so you can cross reference your machine etc and get the right jet size.

NO ........ You do not play about with the unloader to adjust the pressure, NOR do you adjust the engine revs to adjust the pressure. Unless you have an all singing all dancing powerwasher that temp and pressure can easily be adjusted through proper controls on the washer, then what you do is, change the nozzle to one that is rated for a higher lpm machine, this will maintain your proper lpm and your machines designed working revs whilst lowering the pressure at the tip.

Latest Posts

Back