Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No auction new pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Last few days 3 month old pump not been working disconnetied all hoses and doesn’t seem to be any suction! Any ideas what to do
As mentioned on numerous occasions by myself and others:
Draw a mental flow diagram in your head or on paper
Work from your tank to pump prefilter and hose connections then pump outlet and fittings to your hose reel then through your pole to brush head and jets

1, is your tank outlet clogged with plastic shavings ( even the newest Wydale tanks have production material FOD in them) if not rinsed out before use

2, is your tank 3/8 hose connection 100% tight if not it sucks in air (do not use hoselock fittings of any brand)

3, is your tank to pump hose kinked twisted or blocked

4, is your pump prefilter cup and housing tight ( do not use PTFE tape) they are mechanical compression fittings and ptfe blocks pump diaphragms

5, are you sure your pump inlet / outlet orientation is correct (is it sucking when it should be pushing

6, is your pump outlet fitting tight ( again do not use hoselock fittings of any brand use only barb fittings and hose clamps

7, is your pump outlet to hose reel hose kinked twisted or blocked causing a PS trigger without noticing

8, is your hose reel fully unwound and checked for twists kinks or knots

9, check all electrical wiring connections, polarity and fuses

All of the above steps are extremely easy and understanding fully how your system works is key to earning a wage

fault finding should be a step you should be expected to do immediately in the van without assistance and gey back up and running if nothing is physically broken

As mentioned on numerous occasions by myself and others:
Draw a mental flow diagram in your head or on paper
Work from your tank to pump prefilter and hose connections then pump outlet and fittings to your hose reel then through your pole to brush head and jets

1, is your tank outlet clogged with plastic shavings ( even the newest Wydale tanks have production material FOD in them) if not rinsed out before use

2, is your tank 3/8 hose connection 100% tight if not it sucks in air (do not use hoselock fittings of any brand)

3, is your tank to pump hose kinked twisted or blocked

4, is your pump prefilter cup and housing tight ( do not use PTFE tape) they are mechanical compression fittings and ptfe blocks pump diaphragms

5, are you sure your pump inlet / outlet orientation is correct (is it sucking when it should be pushing

6, is your pump outlet fitting tight ( again do not use hoselock fittings of any brand use only barb fittings and hose clamps

7, is your pump outlet to hose reel hose kinked twisted or blocked causing a PS trigger without noticing

8, is your hose reel fully unwound and checked for twists kinks or knots

9, check all electrical wiring connections, polarity and fuses

All of the above steps are extremely easy and understanding fully how your system works is key to earning a wage

fault finding should be a step you should be expected to do immediately in the van without assistance and gey back up and running if nothing is physically broken
You've been far too kind 👏

it's glaringly obvious what the issue is, but me being a grumpy sod these days I refuse to answer posts like this anymore 😅

it's glaringly obvious what the issue is, but me being a grumpy sod these days I refuse to answer posts like this anymore 😅
I feel the same way sometimes.

The trouble is that in this world of computerisation, people in general, especially younger ones, haven't been taught the logical process of how to trouble shoot a mechanical problem. Their brains have developed differently because of their environment.

This isn't an insult or meant to be anything derogatory, so please no one take offense. It's just the way it is. A 3 year old can figure out how to use the tv remote long before I can. The wife called on the services of our 12 year old grandson to help setup our new tv as I was labelled as inapt.

These days of Google hasn't the answer then they are stumped.

Sadly, it's my 1950's generation that is to blame for this loss of mechanical attitude.

The motor trade had to start training a trouble shooter in their workshops over 25 years ago. This was because most of the mechanics were just replacement part fitters and couldn't trouble shoot themselves. The first thing they did was to look up Citroen's technical webpage to see if anyone had recorded a similar problem with a solution they could read.

Don't get me wrong, their are some younger ones who are brilliant at trouble shooting, but it isn't the norm the way it was 60 years ago.

The trouble is that in this world of computerisation, people in general, especially younger ones, haven't been taught the logical process of how to trouble shoot a mechanical problem. Their brains have developed differently because of their environment.

This isn't an insult or meant to be anything derogatory, so please no one take offense. It's just the way it is. A 3 year old can figure out how to use the tv remote long before I can. The wife called on the services of our 12 year old grandson to help setup our new tv as I was labelled as inapt.

Sadly, it's my 1950's generation that is to blame for this loss of mechanical attitude.

The motor trade had to start training a trouble shooter in their workshops over 25 years ago. This was because most of the mechanics were just replacement part fitters and couldn't trouble shoot themselves. The first thing they did was to look up Citroen's technical webpage to see if anyone had recorded a similar problem with a solution they could read.

Don't get me wrong, their are some younger ones who are brilliant at trouble shooting, but it isn't the norm the way it was 60 years ago.
I'm 49 years old and just have never had the ability to suss out certain things which I appreciate not everyone does, Also in my younger days I stayed too long down in Acapulco and I'm going loco which doesn't help me these days and I have to rely on my wife who has the ability to suss out things pretty quickly

I'm 49 years old and just have never had the ability to suss out certain things which I appreciate not everyone does, Also in my younger days I stayed too long down in Acapulco and I'm going loco which doesn't help me these days and I have to rely on my wife who has the ability to suss out things pretty quickly
I`m the same 47 years old **** with computers, phones, tv`s and **** with mechanical troubleshooting. i`ve had a rock and roll lifesyle too. The trouble is my partners even worse than me. So I`m fooked but if something goes wrong I will always have a bash at trying to fix it first.

When you are 50 miles from nowhere in the bush broken down on a dirt road with no one about, you soon get to figure out how to get yourself going again. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a shifting spanner, a piece of wire and a block of clothes washing soap.
:)

Hope you're keeping well

You've got to figure it out sometime 🤣
I had the answer already written in my phones notepad. Had to copy & paste it

I totally agree, Not that you are inapt....

I see this alot More commonly with cleaners who buy either a brand new fitted van or a second hand fitted van.
They never take a deep dive and think how does this stuff actually work other than pouring pure water into a hole and press a button on a rectangular box

I watched a YouTube this morning of an Australian middle-aged couple who have just finished a lap of Australia in the MB Sprinter 4x4 van converted to a motor home.

They had engine trouble, with all the engine management lights coming on and the van going into limp mode. They got to a nearby town and switched off as the engine overheat warning light was also illuminated. Then they couldn't start the van and had to be recovered into a workshop in Cairns.

Neither of them could smell burning, and neither of them lifted the bonnet to investigate. Had they done that, they would have clearly seen a battery cable jump start connector had come loose and had shorted out on the turbocharger. It was right there in front of them - they couldn't miss it. An easy fix which solved all the engine management issues.

I totally agree, Not that you are inapt....

I see this alot More commonly with cleaners who buy either a brand new fitted van or a second hand fitted van.
They never take a deep dive and think how does this stuff actually work other than pouring pure water into a hole and press a button on a rectangular box
Electronics and I are a universe apart. Inapt is a way to describe me.

Hope you're keeping well

You've got to figure it out sometime 🤣
I had the answer already written in my phones notepad. Had to copy & paste it
All good thank you (y) I hope you are too.

Most of the answers for the basic stuff will be found by using the search bar, it ain't the best but it does yield the most results and gives some education filtering through old posts.

I`m the same 47 years old **** with computers, phones, tv`s and **** with mechanical troubleshooting. i`ve had a rock and roll lifesyle too. The trouble is my partners even worse than me. So I`m fooked but if something goes wrong I will always have a bash at trying to fix it first.
I didn't have you down as a former party animal,

I'm not too bad with computers and phones etc and I can sort out software glitches and issues, cars are way over my head so I have a trusted mechanic, and I can get by with basic DIY stuff around our house,

if I am stuck we have a retired neighbour who can turn his hand to almost anything he is like our streets handyman well for a few of us anyway and just enjoys doing a good deed which he never seems to want repaying for, but we do our best he has changed light fittings and radiators for us he is a diamond.

Latest Posts

Back