ok so where am i going wrong?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark lee, Aug 30, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark lee

mark lee Member

bough my RO4040 and filter brand new in February was showing 14ppm from the start changed both in line filters begining of august so tonight done a water test now on 41ppm before the resin bottle flushed it through out let valve fully open for half hour gone down to 39ppm
    dont seem to get a long time out of a resin bottle either changed that Saturday now showing 2 as well

Advertisement
  2. mark lee

mark lee Member

brought another meter :rofl:

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

And has that resolved the issue?

4. mark lee

mark lee Member

Soon as it arrives I'll let you know,
    Still can't help but think this isn't the end of it

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

5. mark lee

mark lee Member

so got my new meter in post today tested RO 4040 unit filter its showing 60/62 (seems to be up n down like a yo yo as last week was showing 39 on old meter) it was on 14 in February and has had a few flush troughs
    van tank is on 0 ppm which is good so is my filter knackard after only 7 months? or can i do anything to sort RO unit?

6. Den

Den Forum Addict

Something don't sound right I'm not qualified to answer any of your questions, I know I run my RO for a couple of minutes using a bypass valves before it goes into DI vessel got the info from davieboy and spruce sounds like your membrane could need changing,

7. mark lee

mark lee Member

only 7 months old?
    i used to fill the bosses van nightly that membrain was only changed 12/15 months,

8. Den

Den Forum Addict

This is pure guess work but maybe the membrane had slight imperfections during manufacturing process causing premature breakdown like I said I'm not qualified to answer hope you get it sorted soon.

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

If you have only changed the prefilters once since it was new in February then there-in probably lies your answer mark lee.
    How many liters a months do you use? What your waste to pure ratio? What carbon block prefilter are you using? What size is the filter housing?

Once the carbon block prefilter's service life is up it no longer removes chlorine from the water. Chlorine destroys membranes.

10. mark lee

mark lee Member

#10 mark lee, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    when i first started in February i would only fill the tank twice a month as time went on more customer more water twice a week now,
    What your waste to pure ratio ? not sure how to answer that but ionic have the flow out the side of the van 3 finger width if that helps?
    both filters changed after 6 months these are 1 x10 inch carbon block and 1 x sediment filters
    carbon block prefilters are 2 Stage Filtration HMA Home Drinking Water Filter System Replacement 10" was told these ok to use,
    i wonder if these ro have to have constant hi use?

Advertisement