Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What to use

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Have you figured out how to to the job? As in what's included?

I will wager you have not allowed for that low roof in the quote have you? Whatever you use will run all over that roof and leave nice clean streaks.

I know I have said before I wouldnt talk about chems for the safety reason but I know you have all gone oit and got full body PPE, full face visors, respirators and gauntlets so based on that my suggestion is :

Soak all the lead first and keep an eye on it to make sure it does not dry out or it will discolour.

Weak hypo at no more than 2%. Work in with a good brush. NOT A WIRE BRUSH.

Rinse off after 5 minutes. REGARDLESS of weather it looks like it worked or not.

It is not a one shot treatment. You work it in layers so reapply and follow above instruction.

Once you're happy with the result go home or if you want it to stay looking clean for long time apply BIO coating to it. You do not rinse this. Just leave it on the wall.

Can always explain to customer that there is a chance their lead flashings may turn brown but you will do everything possible to avoid it happening, but still a chance.

Latest Posts

Back