Oops Another Mishap Today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Feb 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

While loading my onmi guttervac into my van earlier on after a late job I managed somehow to drop it and the plastic trolley base broke in half away from the vac :(

Advertisement
  2. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

ooh not good can you get spares for it?

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

maybe your getting to old for the job now! lol

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Maybe rc as I feel totally knackered tonight :D

No jimbob as it is a crappy star make that onmi stopped selling shortly after I brought it a few years ago.

Never mind as I have two more guttervacs so will be ok to work tomorrow ;)

Will probably mount that broken one on a diy trolley base when I get time. Might even work out less expensive to look out for a knackered vac that I can use the base or might just get instead a heavy duty sack truck with folding handle as found they are better moving 3 motor vac about on gravel drives etc. :D

5. mark m

mark m Hero

I am not sure if it can be done but I did think it a while ago but could you put a extra motor on a vac and make it more powerfull ?

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks Mark, all depends on the size of the motors as all are different. So some just don't fit into the plastic head assembly properly.

I've got two 4200 watt guttervacs plus another 3000 watt guttervac. You can also swap over just the heads as omni and ets 3 motor type vacs as I've found out will fit both stainless steel trolley bases too.

7. mark m

mark m Hero

why have you got 3 guttervacs ?

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Because most of my work I do is gutter clearing & exterior property deep clean so have built up a collection over the years,

9. mark m

mark m Hero

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

They are ok but ideally need to run them from a 6kva generator as when you use mains power with all three motors running for any length of time puts too much load on a 16 amp socket.

To be honest just using a 3000 watt triple type vac I've found work well enough for most 2 storey jobs I do now. Also is sometimes quicker to clear sods out by hand especially in corners as using a guttervac it can't get under the flashing to unblock the guttering properly. Slipped tile and narrow gaps etc can also a problem using a guttervac too.

Advertisement