Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ova 8 hi-mod 22ft vs Gardiner Xtreme 22ft

WCF

Help Support WCF:

my extreem 22  now has duct tape on     as sections started spinning around 14/16 months  from new .   slx  much stronger and longer lasting 
yes but the slx causes more strain on your body when your window cleaning 4 or 5 days a week.....just replace the top few sections and itll be like a new pole then...i use an xtreme 25 as my main pole and i find sections 4 and 5 last years but the top 3 are worn after 12-18 months...

still cant beat the xtreme for ease of use.....ive had a back strain for the last week and ive been still able to work...it would be a lot harder if id been poling with an SLX

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had my worker Martin with me, he came out with a good analogy when I swapped my SLX poles for Xtremes.

He said it’s like going from holding a scaffold pole to holding bamboo ??‍?

Yes, makes me wonder. I use slx 22, and I can see possible future hernia issues. i get pain in the lower right side, just below rib cage and its when i have to do windows at full extension/low angle etc, like an awkward window above a conny. Could keep the faithful slx and just use an extreme for these painful jobs, then with the low use it should last ages.

I've been following this thread with interest, I'm not in the least interested in an Ova 8 but I am considering an Xtreme 35.

My SL-X 35 is fine but a little stiffer and a little less weight is always good. My only concern given comments made would be with occasional scraping against gutters or even worse roof tiles.

Yes, makes me wonder. I use slx 22, and I can see possible future hernia issues. i get pain in the lower right side, just below rib cage and its when i have to do windows at full extension/low angle etc, like an awkward window above a conny. Could keep the faithful slx and just use an extreme for these painful jobs, then with the low use it should last ages.
I have had this too. I try to keep pole touching my body whenever it’s possible. Especially when moving along sills 

Not jerking pole around, smooth motions, leaning pole on leg and using back to lift it out of awkward positions etc. 
I found myself using both arms away from the body quite often causing more strain than needed now I only do it where I absolutely have to

I've been following this thread with interest, I'm not in the least interested in an Ova 8 but I am considering an Xtreme 35.

My SL-X 35 is fine but a little stiffer and a little less weight is always good. My only concern given comments made would be with occasional scraping against gutters or even worse roof tiles.
Buy the 25 with double extension, costs a little bit extra but makes life a lot easier. No need to worry that much about a bit of abrasive rubbing, just make sure there's no impact on extended poles

Buy the 25 with double extension, costs a little bit extra but makes life a lot easier. No need to worry that much about a bit of abrasive rubbing, just make sure there's no impact on extended poles
Not seeing the advantage of that one PT, my 35 only comes out for the occasional high/awkward reach window or Velux, the 18 does all the rest.

For an extra £18 you then have the option to make your 35 a 25 incase your 18 falters rather than using the 35 till a replacement pole / section comes
Ah, I see where you are coming from, though to be fair in ten years of use my SL-X18 has never failed to the extent that I couldn't wrap a bit of tape around a clamp where the glue has failed and carry on for the rest of the day. A snapped section would be a different kettle of fish.

So I received an email at 1.02am this morning from Gardiners saying product back in stock so I brought myself the Xtreme 22. Soooo expensive but I hope its worth it ?

ive been wfp for 11 years and im nearly 50 yrs old and never had your issues.....some i need my 25 xtreme fully extended horizontally to reach some windows over extensions/connys,i also have 3 storey,skylights and all sorts of other awkward angle upper windows to clean regularly....

i am a 6ft 2in 113kg bodybuilder/drummer too so i need to make my work day as easy as possible so i have energy for these hobbies too....

personally id get a 25ft xtreme with 10in carbon gooseneck and standard xtreme brush if i were you...you wont regret it..itll make a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE TO HOW YOU FEEL AT THE END OF THE DAY.....

use your xtreme pole for everything and just have the slx as an emergency pole

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back