Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

painting and re lining back of van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mooghy

i want to paint the back of my van with protectorkote or raptor cote, but then thinking i want a wood floor, would I be able to paint the metal floor then put down the wood then seal the edges and then paint it again with the coating, or will the water just get through and rot the wood from the underside? currently the back of the van is just standard ply that is now rotten through ans stinks so want to do this ASAP, but dont want to waste my time and money on ply wood if its a waste, what alternitives are there as i was think wood acts as a defence for the bottom of the van from falling/moving objects. any tips will be great thank you :)

Something like line x or Speedliner on the bare metal floor is all that’s needed you will never damage that no wood or rubber matting is needed , it’s a texture finish so is non slip and chemical resistant

I was going to use Protectakote in the back of my new van as 99% of my work is window cleaning but having used it in the back of my old van it's p.i.a to keep clean also the memories came flooding back of all the hours it took to prep and apply two coats of it so I thought sod it I bought rubber cargo liner for around £50 it took 2 minutes to fit job done. if you don't need to paint the floor why bother?

This time we used fiberglass roof liner, that was recommend by one of our customers as he makes decorative waterproof garden containers out of it. It's been amazing compared to other things iv done in past

Back