Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Raptor lined my van just now (PICS UPLOADED)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cracking job that. I've put several layers of Protectakote on mine. Only had it since June and the protecthkote wears away as I drag things like water containers or back packs in and out so has to be topped up now and again.

Didn’t like the idea of protectakote too many horror stories of flaking and fading. What I loved about raptor was the ability to apply it to the texture you require and it’s so quick to do.

Didn’t like the idea of protectakote too many horror stories of flaking and fading. What I loved about raptor was the ability to apply it to the texture you require and it’s so quick to do.
I looks a lot better than Protectakote. I actually applied protectakote under the trim too which works well. It isn't durable to things being dragged on it to be fair. I think i'll give this stuff a go next time round!

Was in my VW Van showroom this morning ordering a door handle cable which broke. Had a look in new crafter and the floor has 9mm ply with a rubber mat on it. Not sure if it would be ok as a cover? Tempted to get a new van next year if the work comes in.

I tried rubber mats over ply but water just gets under everything I am going to have to take out the ply that is now rotting after two and a half years in my vauxhall vivaro. Undecided on whether to go raptor or protectacoat, there seems to be negative stories on both sides.

I tried rubber mats over ply but water just gets under everything I am going to have to take out the ply that is now rotting after two and a half years in my vauxhall vivaro. Undecided on whether to go raptor or protectacoat, there seems to be negative stories on both sides.
I did my LDV Cub in Protectacoat, it looked good new but didn't stand up to the wear and tear of use or stop the floor rusting.

Wonder which is the best way to go. My ply is going rotten in the rear of the van and near the back doors is almost through to the metal so there is going to be abit of water going through. I have a 350 tank but also use a back pack and small barrels so there is always abit of water about as well as a bucket with a lid. I tried rubber round the floor but it stills gets through somewhere and there is the smell of damp and white mould creeping round the edges.

Any suggestions or pictures appreciated from you generous wise guys on here.

Is this a two pack product  or just air drying ?? Do you put a hardener in it ?
Hi pjj , yes is a 2 part system basically add hardener to the paint then roll or spray on, roll for a better finish.

super easy system to use, perfect finish and cost about £50.

2 years later I still don’t even have a scratch on mine.

Hi pjj , yes is a 2 part system basically add hardener to the paint then roll or spray on, roll for a better finish.

super easy system to use, perfect finish and cost about £50.

2 years later I still don’t even have a scratch on mine.

I had mine done with speedlined  as rapter liner wasn’t available at the time any two pack stuff should be very durable , it’s just the single pack stuff like protectercoat that wearers very quickly , yours is a lot cheaper than mine , I paid £700 !!!! 

Did mine with raptor a few weeks ago. 

The cold probably wasn't the best weather to do it in as mine has chipped off in a few places. Either that or I didn't prep the surface well enough. 

Got enough left for another coat though. 

IMG_20191115_131701.jpg

What size compressor do you have @Reach For The Glass ? I was toying with the idea of doing raptor for my next van build in the new year but only have room for a little 50ltr compressor in my garage!!
If I’m honest it wasn’t mine mate it was half the size of an oil barrel?? 

can hire a big one mate for not a lot and would be done within a morning.

Did mine with raptor a few weeks ago. 

The cold probably wasn't the best weather to do it in as mine has chipped off in a few places. Either that or I didn't prep the surface well enough. 

Got enough left for another coat though. 

View attachment 18719
Is that rolled on??

did you use grip4 and scotch guard pads?

I had mine done with speedlined  as rapter liner wasn’t available at the time any two pack stuff should be very durable , it’s just the single pack stuff like protectercoat that wearers very quickly , yours is a lot cheaper than mine , I paid £700 !!!! 
Sleedliner is great stuff by £ for £ imo raptor cannot be beaten

If I’m honest it wasn’t mine mate it was half the size of an oil barrel?? 

can hire a big one mate for not a lot and would be done within a morning.

Is that rolled on??

did you use grip4 and scotch guard pads?

Sleedliner is great stuff by £ for £ imo raptor cannot be beaten

Nice work mate, did you use sand paper or sander? I have bulllyliner instead but i haven"t use it yet. I'm planning to remove all the ply then sand it down by using sanding blocks and 300 grit sandpaper before I paint it with a paint brush for 3 layers. 

Is that bad plan?

Nice work mate, did you use sand paper or sander? I have bulllyliner instead but i haven"t use it yet. I'm planning to remove all the ply then sand it down by using sanding blocks and 300 grit sandpaper before I paint it with a paint brush for 3 layers. 

Is that bad plan?
Sounds good but make sure you either wipe everything over with xyelene or you use a primer specific to what bully liner suggest. The secret is all in the preparation- get that right, keyed and degreased and you shouldn’t have any issues (although temperature can have an affect too so check what the limitations are on the guidelines)

Let is know how you get on as I’d be interested in a comparison/review

Is that bad plan?
Just use 3m scotch pads it’s more than enough to key the bodywork up.

use xylene and tac clothes to clean it all up and grip4 primer it all specially the grooves etc

should be spot on  

Latest Posts

Back