Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole advise please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

yes I see what you meen.the x 25 being only 20g heavyer than slx 18 food for thought indeed.thanks very much yall
It’s a bit more than that,

I personally think having one pole for all is so wrong for a start a extreme 18 is a lot cheaper than a extreme 25.

my reasons for thinking the above is my extreme 18’ is 20 months old and still is perfect working condition ? even though I have bought a new extreme as I wanted a spare for emergencies the 18’ is my work horse.

my extreme 25’ is over a year old and like brand new expecting at least 5 years probably a lot more as this only get used when needed maybe twice a day or average. 

My 18’ extremes will last say 24 months @dazmond 25’ extreme last him 12 months not sure why? 

Another reason why having one pole is wrong in my eyes I clean a few bungalows why use a 25’ pole when a clx 4 will be much easier especially when cleaning 5 or so on the bounce.  

What makes life extra easy using different size poles is being tubless it takes between 3 and 5 seconds to change them ? 

Anyone can use a extreme 25’ it’s not heavy but using a 18’ or 22’ is just easier on some jobs because if collapse length shorter in confined spaces.

if you are on a budget and can’t afford several poles I understand, but if you afford having different poles is a good thing imho ?

It’s a bit more than that,

I personally think having one pole for all is so wrong for a start a extreme 18 is a lot cheaper than a extreme 25.

my reasons for thinking the above is my extreme 18’ is 20 months old and still is perfect working condition ? even though I have bought a new extreme as I wanted a spare for emergencies the 18’ is my work horse.

my extreme 25’ is over a year old and like brand new expecting at least 5 years probably a lot more as this only get used when needed maybe twice a day or average. 

My 18’ extremes will last say 24 months @dazmond 25’ extreme last him 12 months not sure why? 

Another reason why having one pole is wrong in my eyes I clean a few bungalows why use a 25’ pole when a clx 4 will be much easier especially when cleaning 5 or so on the bounce.  

What makes life extra easy using different size poles is being tubless it takes between 3 and 5 seconds to change them ? 

Anyone can use a extreme 25’ it’s not heavy but using a 18’ or 22’ is just easier on some jobs because if collapse length shorter in confined spaces.

if you are on a budget and can’t afford several poles I understand, but if you afford having different poles is a good thing imho ?
i disagree wholeheartedly!........i dont want lots of poles in my van!2 is enough.....

xtreme 25

xtreme 47

thats all i need...my xtreme 47 is 8 years old and in good nick,the 25 gets used for most work......whether its a bungalow or a 3 storey job....the closed length is fine for me(i have very long big arms!).....

i have an slx 22 at home as well as a few slx 25s and an spare xtreme 25 in my pole graveyard!

the 22 is just too short......i used to hate having to go back to the van to get another pole for the odd window here and there...the 25 covers most work easy and simply,if i need the extra height its there (increasing efficiency)....

i am looking after this latest xtreme pole of mine and its wearing a lot less than previous xtremes(flushing it out regularly,spraying it with PTFE spray and renewing the tape at the bottom of the sections every month).im also careful when shutting windows,if their stiff ill clean them open......

i disagree wholeheartedly!........i dont want lots of poles in my van!2 is enough.....

xtreme 25

xtreme 47

thats all i need...my xtreme 47 is 8 years old and in good nick,the 25 gets used for most work......whether its a bungalow or a 3 storey job....the closed length is fine for me(i have very long big arms!).....

i have an slx 22 at home as well as a few slx 25s and an spare xtreme 25 in my pole graveyard!

the 22 is just too short......i used to hate having to go back to the van to get another pole for the odd window here and there...the 25 covers most work easy and simply,if i need the extra height its there (increasing efficiency)....

i am looking after this latest xtreme pole of mine and its wearing a lot less than previous xtremes(flushing it out regularly,spraying it with PTFE spray and renewing the tape at the bottom of the sections every month).im also careful when shutting windows,if their stiff ill clean them open......
The only bit I agree if it was true,  but your so wrong in my case Is running back to the van to change a pole for a odd window, If I have a house that require the 25’ pole for a window or two I would use the 25’ pole for the whole house which takes 3 seconds to change before Iwalk from the van, that’s efficiency ?

I also have long arms ? not sure that makes a difference as my much shorter son doesn’t have long arms but still clean most of our work with a slx 18 and slx25 when needed.

We very obviously have different cleaning opinions but it’s good for the OP to make his final decision on our other peoples work methods.

good to hear your looking after your pole now it should save you a few bob in the long run.

I love to work with the lightest equipment possible so 3 to 5 second pole changes maybe 2 or 3 times a day ia total of approx 15 seconds a day is as smart and efficient as it gets ?

ive got one...i use it for cleaning the van and my golf GTD.....not window cleaning!?
Clx4 pole for most standard bungalows especially when you cleaning lots in a row is a great pole.

I know a windie that cleans dozens of mobile homes on a residential site flies thru his work and earns top money and solely only uses a clx 4 or you could open a car cleaning front as DaZmond suggests ?

The only bit I agree if it was true,  but your so wrong in my case Is running back to the van to change a pole for a odd window, If I have a house that require the 25’ pole for a window or two I would use the 25’ pole for the whole house which takes 3 seconds to change before Iwalk from the van, that’s efficiency ?

I also have long arms ? not sure that makes a difference as my much shorter son doesn’t have long arms but still clean most of our work with a slx 18 and slx25 when needed.

We very obviously have different cleaning opinions but it’s good for the OP to make his final decision on our other peoples work methods.

good to hear your looking after your pole now it should save you a few bob in the long run.

I love to work with the lightest equipment possible so 3 to 5 second pole changes maybe 2 or 3 times a day ia total of approx 15 seconds a day is as smart and efficient as it gets ?
depends on what work im cleaning.......this week i have 4 days work on one estate(70+jobs virtually all right next to each other) and usually 2 van moves all day)i might have 2 houses where a 22 would suffice then 3 where i need a 25 then one where an 18 would do,id be forever going back to the van to switch poles......IMO its just not the most efficient way for me to work....one pole for everything under 30 ft is ideal for me....

one day i will get rid of any high level work over 30ft and just stick to one pole for all my work......

depends on what work im cleaning.......this week i have 4 days work on one estate(70+jobs virtually all right next to each other) and usually 2 van moves all day)i might have 2 houses where a 22 would suffice then 3 where i need a 25 then one where an 18 would do,id be forever going back to the van to switch poles......IMO its just not the most efficient way for me to work....one pole for everything under 30 ft is ideal for me....

one day i will get rid of any high level work over 30ft and just stick to one pole for all my work......
Only you know your own work sounds very different to a lot of mine ?

Im going to cut back to 4 days a week in the next few months so all my 4 storey work will be the first to go then start looking at all over 30ft next ?

ive got one...i use it for cleaning the van and my golf GTD.....not window cleaning!?
Fair enough! ?

My reasoning on it is that I've got these groups of bungalows I do where my slx22 doesn't need to be extended at all, seems like I might as well use the clx4, just £40 or whatever

But who knows how much I'll use it, but keen to try, couldn't stop thinking about getting one lol

I will get a clx4 one day for bungalows.  I've actually thought maybe I wont bother with a pole n just use the brush in hand get a good scrub?

Cherry picker n wfp brush in hand,that's the way to go

Fair enough! ?

My reasoning on it is that I've got these groups of bungalows I do where my slx22 doesn't need to be extended at all, seems like I might as well use the clx4, just £40 or whatever

But who knows how much I'll use it, but keen to try, couldn't stop thinking about getting one lol
IMO its just a little bit short for some types of bungalows.......its just long enough for cleaning my van...a CLX 10 would be better if you insist on using a different pole

I swapped my clx 4 for the clx 10. The clx 4 is just to light for my tastes and just a touch to short to be versatile. The Ten is very light and will clean anything on first floor including shops signs ect. It reaches half way up my second floor bay window. 

I swapped my clx 4 for the clx 10. The clx 4 is just to light for my tastes and just a touch to short to be versatile. The Ten is very light and will clean anything on first floor including shops signs ect. It reaches half way up my second floor bay window. 
I want to get a pole for washing our vehicles. I was planning on the CLX 4 but someone on the forum suggested a while ago the 10 would be better. I emailed Alex G, he also suggested that the 10 would be far more useful. Trying to choose the best brush for vehicles as well if anyone has any advice? I'm thinking a flocked sill brush of some kind?

Back