Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking at starting up - advise please :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Hi all,

Looking at starting my pressure washing business just before spring next year and thought I’d get some advise before taking the plunge into buying equipment over the winter. Here are a few questions for the more experienced pressure washers! 

I’ve looking at Rutland Pumps after a lot of mentions on here and other sites and saw their Westek Pro range of machines and other bits of kit. Also will be getting a Vivaro sized van. 

Will a Loncin 200BAR/21LPM be suitable as a starting machine? or would I be much better off going for the Honda GX390 version? 

What would a decent length of HPH/garden hose be for most domestic Driveways/Patios? I’d be looking at having a permanent 350L Water Tank in the van as well as a Wheelie Bin if space allows. 

Quick Release connections on the washer worth the extra?

Stainless Steel Rotary worth the extra over the yellow plastic ones? 

Optional Turbo Lance alongside a straight lance or do I only really need one or the other? 

Pricing? Per m2? Any help with this would be greatly appreciate and would welcome private messages from anyone forthcoming about it. No issues if not! 

Last question, I promise! What chemicals will be needed and should I worry about sealing at first? 

Thank you in advance!

Latest Posts

Back