Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole for new starter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'll have a look. I'm buying a van with a system installed from baileys wfp systems. Glad you recommend the gooseneck as there's lots of options when ordering the pole. I was going to go with pencil jets on the brush then fan jets for the gutter brush 
Absolutely bang on. I use the normal 2mm pencil jets for most jobs. I have a set of 50 degree fan jets but don’t use them very often. Sounds like you’ll be up and running in no time. If you want any tips on techniques or anything have a look for Christopher Dawber on YouTube. His YouTube channel is called Wagga. His videos are brilliant if you like studying techniques and stuff like I do. Also look on there for Squeaky Clean Dave. Both are brilliant and very helpful.

Absolutely bang on. I use the normal 2mm pencil jets for most jobs. I have a set of 50 degree fan jets but don’t use them very often. Sounds like you’ll be up and running in no time. If you want any tips on techniques or anything have a look for Christopher Dawber on YouTube. His YouTube channel is called Wagga. His videos are brilliant if you like studying techniques and stuff like I do. Also look on there for Squeaky Clean Dave. Both are brilliant and very helpful.
Cheers pal really appreciate all the help I'm going to be working another job while I get this going and I can build a customer base in the evenings going canvassing. Then I will work Saturdays and as soon as I get busy enough I will drop days with my permanent job till I can go fully on my own doing windows 

Cheers pal really appreciate all the help I'm going to be working another job while I get this going and I can build a customer base in the evenings going canvassing. Then I will work Saturdays and as soon as I get busy enough I will drop days with my permanent job till I can go fully on my own doing windows 
That’s a good idea, keep something on while you build it up. I also do some jobs at weekends for certain customers if needed. I don’t mind and with me still building my round I do what I can, when I can. Especially if the weather starts to play up.

We some times on here having established, very profitable, cleaners lecturing newbies what they should and shouldn't do. Very easy to tell newbies they should be doing xyz. When you don't have Bill's to pay. @HWCS has achieved phenomenal growth in a very short time. Very well deserved because he's worked very hard, however he admits he has very little competition. Not many newbies will have the same scenario so sometimes you might need to work weekends. Do what you need to do to get established. Once you have done you can then lecture newbies not to do what you did to get where you are.

We some times on here having established, very profitable, cleaners lecturing newbies what they should and shouldn't do. Very easy to tell newbies they should be doing xyz. When you don't have Bill's to pay. @HWCS has achieved phenomenal growth in a very short time. Very well deserved because he's worked very hard, however he admits he has very little competition. Not many newbies will have the same scenario so sometimes you might need to work weekends. Do what you need to do to get established. Once you have done you can then lecture newbies not to do what you did to get where you are.
Couldn’t put it better myself. I’d been doing an early morning clean at a local gym before it got closed due to the pandemic. It meant I wasn’t struggling desperately to pay bills if I didn’t have much work on or the weather was bad. It all helps while you’re getting going.

Hi Adam,

When i started wfp in Nov i had a CLX22 with an extension due to cost and it served me really well, the busier i got the more it irkd me, personallyid say if your doing upto 12 houses a day the clx is a good pole for the money.

As you get busier youll want a lighter pole as a clx22 with extension will really work the shoulder and chest on a 20 house day.

Ive moved over to an SLX18 for everyday use and SLX30 for the long reach stuff.

What nobody has said yet but we all know is that all poles hold their money really well, so if you go down the clx route in 6-9-12 months when you do want/can upgrade you wont lose a great deal on the poles value.

Brushes ive found are a personal preference kinda each to their own, its very trial and error, me i dont like sill brushes unless im on a really minging job or GFS job. I prefer the square brushes for everyday maintenance cleans. Ive got about 8 brushes but im a bit ocd so i have a spare everything lol

Thats exactly what i did, went down to 3 days at bakery and then gave 2 months notice. Im flat out on windows now with over 300 customers in just 16 months but i still help out at the bakery as and when they are desperate or if we have a rain week.

Always good to keep a good raport with somebody that can help you out when you need it.

Thats exactly what i did, went down to 3 days at bakery and then gave 2 months notice. Im flat out on windows now with over 300 customers in just 16 months but i still help out at the bakery as and when they are desperate or if we have a rain week.

Always good to keep a good raport with somebody that can help you out when you need it.
Only just seen this. That's crazy I'm glad its worked out for you. I'm just trying to work out the best ways to manage customers and plan my days. Its all new to me and really confusing times but I think I'm just over thinking things way to much 

Hi Adam,

When i started wfp in Nov i had a CLX22 with an extension due to cost and it served me really well, the busier i got the more it irkd me, personallyid say if your doing upto 12 houses a day the clx is a good pole for the money.

As you get busier youll want a lighter pole as a clx22 with extension will really work the shoulder and chest on a 20 house day.

Ive moved over to an SLX18 for everyday use and SLX30 for the long reach stuff.

What nobody has said yet but we all know is that all poles hold their money really well, so if you go down the clx route in 6-9-12 months when you do want/can upgrade you wont lose a great deal on the poles value.

Brushes ive found are a personal preference kinda each to their own, its very trial and error, me i dont like sill brushes unless im on a really minging job or GFS job. I prefer the square brushes for everyday maintenance cleans. Ive got about 8 brushes but im a bit ocd so i have a spare everything lol
You soon be be upgrading to extremes ?

I want an Electric reel first but not sure whuch to get or make my own
I have 2 hd power ups and a 3D power up both reels are good have seen the PF reel master but never owned one, regardless which you buy they are a god send especially when we are cleaning 30 properties a day and extreme poles ?

Back