Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole hose bit snapped off. Fragile stuff.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Hi all. Wonder how many have had the pole hose snap off where the tap thing joins onto it. Is not that old so guess they're fragile.  temporarily have skimmed down the red bit and fitted it in and glued it. You can see it with tape around it in picture. Works ok for now, but not sure whats best for it to be tough going onwards.

Also, in the other pic, where the male fitting goes into the female, I have to  take this out every day when going from van mount to backpack for different jobs. Lately it doesnt seem to fix so easy. Do they wear out fairly easy? Would I need both new fittings. Pita really. Any advice appreciated,

cheers

kev.

ks789 said:
Hi all. Wonder how many have had the pole hose snap off where the tap thing joins onto it. Is not that old so guess they're fragile.  temporarily have skimmed down the red bit and fitted it in and glued it. You can see it with tape around it in picture. Works ok for now, but not sure whats best for it to be tough going onwards.

Also, in the other pic, where the male fitting goes into the female, I have to  take this out every day when going from van mount to backpack for different jobs. Lately it doesnt seem to fix so easy. Do they wear out fairly easy? Would I need both new fittings. Pita really. Any advice appreciated,

cheers

kev.
Sorry, they wont let me upload pics of my camera so you probably wont know what im on about.

Hard to understand yes. The parts all have names. Is it the push fit connector at the top near the brush head you mean? Or is it the coupling between van hose and pole hose?

Hard to understand yes. The parts all have names. Is it the push fit connector at the top near the brush head you mean? Or is it the coupling between van hose and pole hose?
Hi, thanks for reply. Its snapped off where the red plastic goes into the  pole hose from the tap/valve on the pole hose that many people dont use. I use a one shot, but have a uni valve not yet fitted. Could maybe just cut the tap/valve out of the pole hose altogether then am not sure what best to use to join the pole hose back together.  Havent had anything like this happen as yet so is new to me. 

Crazy it wont let me upload pics from my little camera. just tested it out again and one picture started to upload, but nothing to do with window cleaning, so it will upload some but not others. Dont get why some have more megabyte than others when all taken on the same setting on the same phone. Too clever and not good for this situation lol

ks789 said:
Crazy it wont let me upload pics from my little camera. just tested it out again and one picture started to upload, but nothing to do with window cleaning, so it will upload some but not others. Dont get why some have more megabyte than others when all taken on the same setting on the same phone. Too clever and not good for this situation lol
camera, not phone, sorry.

Dont get why some have more megabyte than others when all taken on the same setting on the same phone.
It has to do with the jpeg image compression algorithm. A picture of a blue sky will take up less space than a picture of a crowd at a soccer match. If that makes sense.

It has to do with the jpeg image compression algorithm. A picture of a blue sky will take up less space than a picture of a crowd at a soccer match. If that makes sense.
ah, have heard something like that.  Regarding the pole hose,  I reckon I'll email Gardiners and order whats best to  join the hose. Will probably cut the on/off tap/valve out as dont use it much and just fit univalve in the pole. 

Latest Posts

Back