Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose and goose neck

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Good morning fellow windies. I’m going to fit a swivel gooseneck onto my exteme this morning.

I use univalves so where the pole hose goes through the gooseneck on the brush side, I normally fit an o ring to take the strain off the John Guest fitting on the brush when pulling the hose to activate the univalve.

As o rings a a pain to remove, just wondering if any of you have found an alternative?

Sure I remember a member who had, but can’t remember who it was?

Or, for those who use PU hose, including myself, do you bother with an o ring and just fit the little red clamp into the JG fitting and let that take the strain?

Many thanks in advance ??‍?

By O rings I guess you mean O clips. I normally use a cable tie to take the strain off the T fitting. Think it’s best to relive the strain a bit if you can. 

There was a poster somewhere who copied Exceeds hose stay from a piece of sink drain pipe cut to that shape with a 7mm hole drilled in it @steve garwood.

https://ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk/shop/tubeless-upgrades/hose-stay/

Soften the hose in hot water and with a bit of persuading you can get Exceed's 8mm OD pole hose into the hole. I copied this and it works ok using cold water.

You need to have enough slack from this 'stay' to the brush connector to take the strain off the brush components when operating the Univalve. If your pole hose pulls the brush straight when you activate the Univalve then you need to give it a bit more slack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back