Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

lines with large squeegee

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris70

Hi when i am cleaning with standered size squeegee 12" and 14" seems fine but when i use larger squeeggee shop fronts etc i seem to get long water line left behind i have tried differant angles and pressure but still no joy even changed to new soft rubber but same any ideas please

cheers

If it's mid blade you probably need more pressure as a lot of shop glass is never 100% flat which causes issues

cheers for replys guys yer it seems to be mid through middle of blade i will try more pressure monday see what happens just thought if i went to hard would leave even more lines

cheers for replys guys yer it seems to be mid through middle of blade i will try more pressure monday see what happens just thought if i went to hard would leave even more lines
If more pressure doesnt work then theres a chance it might be the boab causing damage to the rubber mate. I used to go through rubber like nobodys business untill I applied a bit of duct tape to the bit in the middle where the blade touches.

That's why i never used to keep my squeegees in the boab between jobs

In the bucket in the motor when not using them

In the boab when you're doing the job

Back in bucket between jobs

Oh right mate i will have to give that a try if same happens after pressure so is that goes in the middle between blade and metal where you get that gap

The bit of the boab that divides it for 2 squeegees is the bit you need to tape

The rubber leans against it it gets a slight dent in it which misses the water

If it's mid blade you probably need more pressure as a lot of shop glass is never 100% flat which causes issues
I have a shop I used to do trad and it had really, really old glass that was all wavey just to look at it, was a nightmare trad, it was another reason to go with wfp lol

All the new cleans i have at the mo is another reason to be wfp Diwrnach. .all those shiney frames and sills with less effort

anouther thing could b the soap ur using i found dish soap can clog the channel then when u press the blade on the glass the soap suds would squeeze out an cause a line anouther thing could b re channel i replace my channels after a wile as they bend out of shape an cause lines

soft rubber is the way to go for longer squeegee i.m.o

maybe time for a couple of new squeegees if all the above fails?

Soft does make a big difference

Razr works well on long channels i find

I never bother with anything over an 18" usually as a 14" on a pole will fan a shop window quick enough

Go to big and it's harder to fan well

Just my opinion mind

Used to get this problem with my Ninja boab too! I glued a piece of squeegee rubber over the divider...Bad move! The rubber being too thick reduced the space where the squeegee sits thus causing the rubber to bend creating a kink. Can't remember who but someone on here suggested a bicycle repair patch which is a great idea. :thumbsup:

I accidentally solved my problem, I managed to get the rubber off the divider but it was a mess of dried glue so I attacked it with p120 sand paper to remove the glue. Ended up sanding the divider both sides tapering it almost to a point and rounding the edge off a bit so now the edge of the squeegee rubber doesn't touch the top edge of the divider if that makes sense? Anyway it seems to have worked so happy days /emoticons/smile.png

Back