Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power up 3d

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'd order some spare belts as well as I know of lads where the belts have gone in no time along with other issues of the reel not working at all after a while so I'd check the electrical connections are solid

I’m not filled with confidence ? should I go for different reel like xline one ?
I like the look of the X-Line one it actually looks slimmer than the former PowerUpHD but it's the same modified Proloc reel, if for any reason I decided to buy a new electric reel I'd buy the X-line over the PowerUp 3d

The x line one doesn't appear to have any overspool protection or friction adjustment unless you buy the variable speed box of tricks. So while it looks cheap it may not be.

Is the pure freedom one worth a go
That's the one I bought in the Black Friday sale. It is quite big, especially the rotary joint, it's also heavy so make sure you have good spare payload in your van. I do like it although there are a few caveats. It seems to speed up to a max speed then slow down a little - not a real problem just nice to reel in at max speed :) . It has a soft start which is nice on batteries but when you release the button it does take a few seconds to get back up to speed - not really a problem - like when my Rootek-Designs reel hose to pole hose coupler is getting close I have a bit of tape as a marker so I can slow down, but I let go of the button and then press it's a slow restart.
The above are really my issues not a problem with the reel as that's how it's supposed to work and without the soft start I am sure there would be issues. Also I use through floor rollers and in a small van (Partner) there isn't much space between the rollers and the reel, so not much space to wipe the incoming hose. I was advised to try and have the distance between the reel and rollers as much as possible - again so my fault/limitation with my van. So I have smacked my hand on the reels roller a couple of times!

The Pure Freedom one is built properly, if not over engineered - well it was designed by an engineering company! Proper bearings, couplings etc all well up to the job and will probably give many many years of service.

One thing that I do think is very good is the ability for Pure Freedom to modify things to suit you. I didn't want the controller on the front of the reel but on the side wall and they supplied a different controller bracket and longer cable reel for a very reasonable price. So I am very pleased with mine.

The x line one doesn't appear to have any overspool protection or friction adjustment unless you buy the variable speed box of tricks. So while it looks cheap it may not be.
Neither does the Power Up HD never had any issues apart from when I let go of my cloth and forget to take my thumb off the button takes a few seconds for my brain to fire up these days.

I’m so torn between them all
Xline with anty spool and hose gide £650
Pure freedom £800 +
3d. £560

I’m leaning towards the xline with both extras

The Pure Freedom is significantly more expensive unless you can wait for Black Friday then the prices are a lot closer.
There are lots of people with the 3D reel that get on great with them, if it's just you using it and you are generally gentle with your tools you should be OK but buy a spare belt just in case.

I've had to change belt on my 3d power up twice the original belt and one they replaced it with I put a 810 belt in and have had no issues since the first 2 belts were 800's

The ionic Rapido reel is good had it when first come out get on well with it no problems so far same belt but a bit more money but I think worth it .Have a double stack all those years of manual reeling life is easy now ?

Back