Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Accident with power up reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hydroman

Hi
Has anybody had any issues using the Power up 3D reel, or more precisely, with the power button? I had an accident today because the power button got stuck in causing uncontrolled recoil. If you use one of these you will know the rate of knots they reel in !

I think there were/are issues with the button for the reels. My personal opinion is that the buttons should be used to control a relay so there is very little current going through them.
Back to the problem, sounds like the switch connections welded themselves together. If the reel is under 12 months old contact who ever you bought it from for a replacement. If it's older I would try and find a 'push to make' single pole switch rated at 30Amps or above and suitable for 12v dc, ideally waterproof. Before you buy a new switch just open up the switch box and check one connection hasn't fallen off and shorted out.

The only thing I can really suggest for future safety is an easy accessible 'master' switch (say 100Amp 12v) either on your +ve battery terminal or on the +ve wire (after fuse) that goes to the reel. That way if it ever happens again you can switch the reel off fairly quickly.

Hope that helps, if not let us know.

Not had any issues with ours but the yellow button controller is much better than the red one , give the solenoid a spray with electrical cleaner I expect there is dirt or corrosion between the two surfaces causing it to stick

As stated above the switches had a faulty on them and they sent people new switches so if its under 12 months old give them a call.

The customer service was spot on but I found the reel to be simply **** so I got the pure freedom and the difference in build quality is obvious to see get it so that you can sell it without and hassle and get the pure freedom one bought

Back