Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure Sprayer recommendations for spraying gutters/fascia

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PR Cleaning Solutions

Hi guys, I’ve been using hand pump pressure sprayers now for 4 years, have no issue using this method, normally use a step ladder and can reach everything I need to with virosol in the hand pump pressure sprayer.

My only issue is how often they break, I’ve no issue money wise in investing in an expensive robust one, does anyone recommend one that they use?

People have suggested to me to use gardiner backpack with pole and change the pencils on the brush head to the sprayer ones.

What do you guys all use and can anyone recommend a good hand pump one that is reliable?

Hi guys, I’ve been using hand pump pressure sprayers now for 4 years, have no issue using this method, normally use a step ladder and can reach everything I need to with virosol in the hand pump pressure sprayer.

My only issue is how often they break, I’ve no issue money wise in investing in an expensive robust one, does anyone recommend one that they use?

People have suggested to me to use gardiner backpack with pole and change the pencils on the brush head to the sprayer ones.

What do you guys all use and can anyone recommend a good hand pump one that is reliable?
Gardener backpack is what we do. Works very well as you can scrub at same time and spraying. When you order a pole you can pick if you want pencils or fans

Gardener backpack is what we do. Works very well as you can scrub at same time and spraying. When you order a pole you can pick if you want pencils or fans
Ok thanks, so I can use virosol in the gardiner backpack no problem? Connect it with a hose and pole and use fans to apply, do you need to clean out the backpack a lot or can you leave the virosol in it all the time?

Ok thanks, so I can use virosol in the gardiner backpack no problem? Connect it with a hose and pole and use fans to apply, do you need to clean out the backpack a lot or can you leave the virosol in it all the time?
Gardiners say you can use chemicals like tfr (traffic film remover) in their backpacks so you should be ok. Worst case the pump seals fail after a few months and you replace the pump with a chemical safe one from DA components.
I use a gardiners backpack with a pole and a https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-single-jet-holder-connector.html

That stuff looks similar to what we use. Been using our stuff for over a year now problem.

Just run some water through it after use for a minute to empty it

We have used a gardiner back for about 6 years, chemicals only, we use a pole and a DA components spray nozzle, helps with more direct flow to the undersides of gutters etc.

As has been said I'd use a backpack/trolley and wfp for g/f/s jobs but I use pump up sprayers all the time for applying paving sealers or spraying smaller areas with hypo and the fact is they all pack up after a while with something . Whether you pay extra for viton seals for chemical use or not they've all got limited lifespans.
Washing them though each time helps a bit but the reality is you'll get through a lot of them.
I've always thought Wilkos sprayers were better than most and reasonably priced but unfortunately they're not available any more. Screwfix sprayers aren't bad. Kingfisher are useless and last 5 minutes....and B&Q are well overpriced

I’ve got a 9L pump spray from toolstation cut the wand down with the nozzle bit stuck it on gardiner goose added a bit of pole hose & rectus fitting after the trigger bit of the wand stick it’s like having a 27ft wand now & can spray anything ??

I wouldn't go back to degreaser unless I need to after spraying hypo on SFGs. I use the Blueman 20 backpack
and the spray connection on my SLX pole. It has really good pressure for a backpack. Using it tomorrow where I have a Softwash job on front, back and gable on an end terrace. I would usually do it in Spring time but guy wants it done as soon as possible.

Latest Posts

Back