Pressure washer help

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by CHWS, May 27, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

So I got my washer and tested the other day and it was great. Got to the job earlier attached to mains and was going great, kept losing pressure on me. So I disconnected hose and seen I could pish quicker than the flow. So the next thing I done was use my water tank to finish the job. I noticed an oil leak coming from the bottom of the engine and onto the trolley. There wasn't loads and I'm hoping it was from where I filled it up before using and hoping that some had spilt!!! Anyway I'm worried in the fact would I have done any damage to the machine with the fkn about with not a big deal of flow going to it ?

Advertisement
  2. Robster

Robster Member

Low water flow would not damage your engine, but, it may damage your pump, but , as you were able to carry on when you switched to your water tank and everything was working fine, i would say ..... you probably got away without causing any damage to your pump. If the Engine is leaking oil then i would say that its just a coincidence. How old is your pressure washer?

3. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

A day old just

4. Robster

Robster Member

Holy **** ! .......... Did you find the source of your oil leak? im hoping it was just overspill when you filled it.

5. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Not yet it seemed to be coming from under the engine and I can't see it because it's practically flush with the trolley. Honest to **** me and engine don't mix. I have no luck even with a new one :))

6. Robster

Robster Member

Ok, give the underside of the engine a good blast with your PW to clean out any residual oil that may still be under there, leave it to dry then go back and have a look to see if its still oil free. if it isnt i would say you have a warranty claim, phone the supplier and let him know, i wouldnt mention the "low water" pressure incident to him he may use it as an excuse to void your warranty ......... Even when we know for a fact that it didnt have anything to do with the oil leak. One other thing, is the oil definately coming from your engine, or is it coming from your pump ?

7. jonjetting

jonjetting Member

hope you didnt get the jetwash from jetmac...becuase you'll have fun getting it repaired

8. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

That's where in came from :(

9. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I'll give this a go shortly and keep you updated

10. jonjetting

jonjetting Member

Be careful what you tell him, he will twist it. Don't be afraid to get in touch with trading standards if he starts messing you about

Advertisement