Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure Washing has came in early

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Got my first call this year for PW a monoblock driveway. Going to offer two prices. One for just PW and sand and the other to include Softwashing the lichen aswell. Only thing I need to buy is a drum of Hypo because I used my last and few months ago and this time I won't buy plenty and store it incase it loses strength.

Got my first call this year for PW a monoblock driveway. Going to offer two prices. One for just PW and sand and the other to include Softwashing the lichen aswell. Only thing I need to buy is a drum of Hypo because I used my last and few months ago and this time I won't buy plenty and store it incase it loses strength.
Just picked up 20 x25 ltr drums two pallets full as we have a load of softwashing jobs booked in ,picked up two more today one is a bit unusual it’s two industrial fridges , the other a nice 5 bed detached house , I am very surprised how much of this type of work is coming in so early in the year , also have a 3 storey dentist to do in the Main Street of my local town but cannot hypo it due to location so it will be the dreaded bio and a scrub and rinse ?? did a small test patch and it’s come up ok

Attachments

• A70285C7-651C-4F6B-87E6-30E02985995D.jpeg
    A70285C7-651C-4F6B-87E6-30E02985995D.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 39FDDE32-84AD-4EAE-A877-C77CDF179D11.jpeg
    39FDDE32-84AD-4EAE-A877-C77CDF179D11.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 24
I did my first pressure washing job of the year a few weeks ago, did another drive and patio today, I have a few booked in for the next couple of months...makes a nice change from the windows, enquiries are slow with that.

Out today using my PW on my front path, communal stairs and then the pavement. Only one of my turbo nozzles was working correctly. Decided to try and clear it with a pin. Managed to clear it but wasn't spinning so I used a thicker needle and try and free it. Ended up breaking both of them even the one that was working. Then I went on Amazon and bought 5 for just over a ton and coming this week so I can do that PW on Friday. Not much you can't get on Amazon now.

Out today using my PW on my front path, communal stairs and then the pavement. Only one of my turbo nozzles was working correctly. Decided to try and clear it with a pin. Managed to clear it but wasn't spinning so I used a thicker needle and try and free it. Ended up breaking both of them even the one that was working. Then I went on Amazon and bought 5 for just over a ton and coming this week so I can do that PW on Friday. Not much you can't get on Amazon now.
Lol what happened to the expensive falsh turbo ?… at 2 k , now you have bought 5 cheapies ?….

Lol what happened to the expensive falsh turbo ?… at 2 k , now you have bought 5 cheapies ?….
Falsh is good for somethings like roofs and decking but I think I'm faster with the twin turbo. My problem is after the season I leave them in the garage rather then leaving them in vinegar to clean them out.

Falsh is good for somethings like roofs and decking but I think I'm faster with the twin turbo. My problem is after the season I leave them in the garage rather then leaving them in vinegar to clean them out.
Don't leave them in vinegar for prolonged periods as it's an acid and can cause damage over a period of time. I would be inclined to give them a good soaking in vinegar to remove any calcium, rinse in pure, then give a spray of wd40 and keep them in a dry location.

The cheap £20 nozzles aren't as good as the Pro ones. For a single turbo nozzle then 0.65 size and if running twin turbo then one needs two 0.35 size. Beginning to understand how the sizes work after a few years. ?

Don't you deal with the lichen as part of the pressure washing? I've heard people before distinguishing the hypo part as soft washing and the p/w as a separate entity.
And I suppose technically you can separate them like that, but as far as I'm concerned it's just a case of spraying a hypo mix before the p/w and it's all the same service. The price will automatically reflect the added hypo costs.
I think customers automatically expect the lichen to be dealt with as part of the professional service - and providing something extra. Something they can't deal with using their Karcher and using chemicals they know nothing about.

Don't you deal with the lichen as part of the pressure washing? I've heard people before distinguishing the hypo part as soft washing and the p/w as a separate entity.
And I suppose technically you can separate them like that, but as far as I'm concerned it's just a case of spraying a hypo mix before the p/w and it's all the same service. The price will automatically reflect the added hypo costs.
I think customers automatically expect the lichen to be dealt with as part of the professional service - and providing something extra. Something they can't deal with using their Karcher and using chemicals they know nothing about.

That’s what I’ve always thought. Treating the patio or driveway is just part of the clean you’re charging for. I’m sure clients just think of it all as pressure washing and just expect it clean after. I’ve never done one without hypo and not sure why I would so it’s all part of the price every time. I do explain what I’m doing and using though. Probably in far more detail than they actually care about. ?

Most folk up here think black spot is part of the monoblock. I tell them to get rid of blackspot I need to charge more but they don't know what I'm talking about so I just PW monoblock now and sand later.

Most folk up here think black spot is part of the monoblock. I tell them to get rid of blackspot I need to charge more but they don't know what I'm talking about so I just PW monoblock now and sand later.
Whatever works for you. Personally. I’d treat every time and leave it spotlessly clean and get a reputation for that quality of work as standard. You’ll know your client far better than me though.

That’s what I’ve always thought. Treating the patio or driveway is just part of the clean you’re charging for. I’m sure clients just think of it all as pressure washing and just expect it clean after. I’ve never done one without hypo and not sure why I would so it’s all part of the price every time. I do explain what I’m doing and using though. Probably in far more detail than they actually care about. ?
Yeah I give some explanation and that it's necessary to kill and remove lichen - and why they're so difficult to remove otherwise. But I don't usually explicitly tell them it's hypo. I don't want to mislead anyone but generally customers are happier thinking of it as a 'biocidal type' of product.
We know hypo is perfectly safe if used sensibly and thoroughly rinsed but mentioning hypo/bleach/chlorine etc is just opening a can of worms about safety and their kids and pets and fumes and strong odour etc etc

I offer both with or without hypo. Just have a chat with them prior to see what they want a quote for. Normally they are happy to pay extra, some just want it cheap as possible and that's totally fine. If I have spare left over I'll always throw down some chemicals to use it up and make it look better.

Horses for courses.

Having a bit of a nightmare setting my handle straight on my twin turbo lance. Gave up the idea using plumbers tape after many attempts. Soon realised the thread end was hitting the handle end so I came up with a cunning plan. Decided to slightly grind the thread end on the lance making sure nothing fell inside. Worked a treat and got the handle/trigger tight and straight with the lance. Used Loctite 577 Red one on the all my threads to make them set. When I want to remove them then I heat the area with hairdryer to soften the joint and then unscrew it. ???

i only do full cleans if there funny about hypo i turn down the job as it can make your work look bad i find most drives and paving need hypo to clean properly i say fungi treatment don't say bleach

I'm PW a small monoblock driveway tomorrow and then a handful of concrete steps. Some of the blocks have blackspot so will PW and place some hypo rags on them when I PW the decking with the Falch nozzle. £150 and £80 but need to go back a sand it later. Might need to visit the garage to see if I have a hose leaking on my van. One thing after another seems to pop up and stop you in your tracks just when it gets going.

Back