Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If there working part time hours there obviously not going to be on full pay. A GP on full pay still doesn't make £72 an hour. That was what I stated originally and it still stands. You want another spade to help you dog the hole ? Or you going to stop now.

Have a read of part timers quote above

iv no time for doctors ....my missus got an umbilical hernia from coughing during covid and they woont fix it till it sticks out like a doorhandle! not a door ****,a handle. Right now its like she is transgender , im chuckling in bed as i write this shes next to me she will div me if i say "door handle" one more time

Have a read of part timers quote above

It’s wrong, my uncle is a go doctor, my mum was a go nurse until a few years ago, my sister is a phlebotomist at a gp practice, nhs gp doctors do not make £72 an hour.

or maybe its not wrong, working weeks are 40 hours though, not 45, so 260 hours worth of overtime pay is calculated in the hours hes posted. Take away the 260 hours of overtime and my numbers are correct.

Last edited:
It’s wrong, my uncle is a go doctor, my mum was a go nurse until a few years ago, my sister is a phlebotomist at a gp practice, nhs gp doctors do not make £72 an hour.

or maybe its not wrong, working weeks are 40 hours though, not 45, so 260 hours worth of overtime pay is calculated in the hours hes posted. Take away the 260 hours of overtime and my numbers are correct.
There are a lot of variables, I know many GP s that earn well over 100k , mist new GPs now chose to work part time hours and ard on 78-80k per year my local practice has 12 doctors now as most won’t work full time so to cover the hours they have had to take on more doctors.

Can’t quite see the relevance of what anyone thinks a doctor is on an hour anyway. The price is the price and the client has ample opportunity to say no!

I didn’t expect the chaps that lime rendered my house to be on minimum wage or work out their hourly rate - they gave me a price along with some others and I accepted theirs and they did the job. If I knew how to get 3ks worth of sand and lime to stick to a house I’d have done it myself, likewise the thatcher and his mate who spent about 5 days knocking some straw about and sailed off into the sunset with 8k 😂

Personally I don’t think solicitors are worth £3-500 an hour but there’s not a lot of choice, you’ve just got to use one sometimes. I reckon my barber manages to squeeze £60 an hour, and don’t forget Liz Truss gets 115k a year forever for doing something badly for a few weeks so don’t sell yourself short!

I’m trading standards approved, you get a written quote fully detailing the works discussed, method used, and any other variables, the customer says yes or no to a job or service - I don’t expect to qualify or justify it any further than that.

Who worked out this £71 an hour anyway - I said it would probably be a long day - that might be 10 hours, hard to tell form a photo with no close up detail!

iv no time for doctors ....my missus got an umbilical hernia from coughing during covid and they woont fix it till it sticks out like a doorhandle! not a door ****,a handle. Right now its like she is transgender , im chuckling in bed as i write this shes next to me she will div me if i say "door handle" one more time
Not the doctor’s fault - standard NHS policy because of the huge backlog of surgery created since the Tories started running down the NHS in 2010 and refusing to train enough doctors.

Not the doctor’s fault - standard NHS policy because of the huge backlog of surgery created since the Tories started running down the NHS in 2010 and refusing to train enough doctors.
So it was the Tories fault in 2010 when my Mother died of cancer because for 18 months the Doctor was giving her Aspirin for her aching shoulder when a constant shoulder pain is one of the 1st signs of Cancer. When a different Doctor saw her they sent her for an immediate scan but by then she was terminal

i had a personal insight into the doctors locally ,ever since covid they are mostly working from home [doing what] while receptionists only answer phone 8am-830 then sit playing with paper areoplanes for rest of shift . Last year i had to have a round of tests up at the hospital after injuring an eye and nobody there was doing a proper job either! from memory they were carrying out only 8 or pre-booked examinations per day . Course it may be different where you are......

i had a personal insight into the doctors locally ,ever since covid they are mostly working from home [doing what] while receptionists only answer phone 8am-830 then sit playing with paper areoplanes for rest of shift . Last year i had to have a round of tests up at the hospital after injuring an eye and nobody there was doing a proper job either! from memory they were carrying out only 8 or pre-booked examinations per day . Course it may be different where you are......
I’m afraid your knowledge of what’s actually happening inside the vast majority of GP practices and hospitals is somewhat lacking. What so many people fail to appreciate is that the time actually spent face to face with patients is a relatively small part of the total workload.

I’m afraid your knowledge of what’s actually happening inside the vast majority of GP practices and hospitals is somewhat lacking. What so many people fail to appreciate is that the time actually spent face to face with patients is a relatively small part of the total workload.
imagine youv a relly you are covering for? or you are pulling a stroke possibly in line for a porters job? iv had a damn good look at the NHS in my area as a patient not as a bystander and before covid it was functioning well but theyve gotten lax now

Latest Posts

Back