Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Good point @Richard as some vaulted ceilings have electric velux type windows fitted that the owners can't reach to clean them even if they wanted too./emoticons/wink.png

No one seen the solar panels? Put in a price for them too.

I've looked at the pics several times and I keep coming up with £40. Add a bit on top for fuel.

That would take no more than half an hour on a maintenance clean.

I saw the Solar Panels Tuffers but I never quote these unless asked, as they will be an extra and not part of a regular clean.

Yes the solar panels would be another job.
Half hour to clean the house only.

I'm trying to imagine Richard doing it in 10 minutes :eek:

Apart from the main feature window on the building, the rest look like single panes of glass, if I was cleaning that regularly I can’t see myself spending a few seconds cleaning each window with a hybrid brush, actual cleaning time would be less than 10 minutes.

Solar panels are different and need to be priced separate if they are only cleaned once or twice a year, a dual trim Boars hair brush will do that particular job in about another 10 - 15 minutes.

If I tried cleaning the solar panels with a 100% Polyester brush, I wouldn’t be surprised if I was still there 45 minutes later. If I was going to use an artificial bristle I would at least use the Nylon monofilament, and I will get it done in less than half the time of a Polyester monofilament.

That’s 3 different times you can get, cleaning the same solar panels, because you have 3 very different brushes, your choice of the brushes bristle is important if you want to finish the job sooner rather then later, Tuffers

(I am talking about cleaning times, not setting up, walking around to the next window, packing up or getting paid etc)

Not to mention if they want the roof velux windows cleaned aswell at the same time.
I usually add the velux windows into my price as I know a lot of customers will ask after I've given my quote if I can do the velux glass for no extra? I then say "Oh go on then, if it's for a monthly clean". That way I get the full price I wanted to charge and the customer feels they've got a bargain. Everybody's happy........

I usually add the velux windows into my price as I know a lot of customers will ask after I've given my quote if I can do the velux glass for no extra? I then say "Oh go on then, if it's for a monthly clean". That way I get the full price I wanted to charge and the customer feels they've got a bargain. Everybody's happy........
I always add them in too. For the same reason JD. It just makes sense.

On that one yes but some are pigs to do due to access issues so need to price them in properly or leave them out.

Back