Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pride in their work.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When I am driving my van I can only see out of the windows but i still wash all my van not just the windows ?  how about you ?
I was just answering @martyns question. That is the truth. Some people just have the glass cleaned as it’s what they see from the inside. They prob don’t care what it looks like from the outside. Not everyone cares. 

I was just answering @martyns question. That is the truth. Some people just have the glass cleaned as it’s what they see from the inside. They prob don’t care what it looks like from the outside. Not everyone cares. 
We were working next door to the laziest guy in town. The council cut his grass but because of virus his front lawn was like a jungle. Anyway, my mate gave me a nudge to watch him as we were intrigued what he was up too. He took out his lawn mower and cut out a 6 feet square bit in the middle and went back in with the mower. Next thing he does is come out with a picnic sheet, pillow, sunglasses and some beer. He then lays out the sheet and lies down to sunbathe. We couldn't believe he refused to cut the whole lawn. He ended up falling asleep after all his hard work. A few hours later we seen him as red as a beetroot saying he was going to run a cold bath. ?  

I can answer that for you. It’s the only bit you see from inside. 
You might think that sounds clever but it's not correct. I price to clean the windows, that's what I advertise. Window cleaning, not, glass only cleaning. It's what's on my van, my ad's, and my business cards and it's what I do. I want the finished job to look very good not just from inside but also from the outside. For the  customer and also for the neighbours across the road or passing, to admire. They may be inspired to request my services. The part of a good job that stands out the most from across the road is not the glass. It is nice fresh and clean looking frames. An average sized window takes me a lot less than a minute including frames and sill, usually 20-30 seconds and I can charge a professional rate for a quality service. I wouldn't do it much quicker if I only did the glass, nor would I want to do it quicker.

I'm certain I would not have the amount of regular, loyal customers I have, if I wasn't as professional and thorough as I strive to be.

Each to their own but I would not do half a job. Mind, I guess your a help to the rest of us for comparison purposes. I suspect that you have a long standing customer base that sticks with you but I doubt it would be easy to build a decent round from scratch these days with glass only washes and frames left dirty.

I'm sure it wouldn't be easy in my area. I've seen several start up and disappear in my six years. And quite a few established ones have also disappeared. Lack of professionalism and drive plus shoddy workmanship was my observation.

Then they wouldn’t be the type of customer Ime looking for  I have never come across this in over 20 years of window cleaning , everyone diwn hear expects the whole window to be cleaned , perhaps it depends ware in the country you are .

You might think that sounds clever but it's not correct. I price to clean the windows, that's what I advertise. Window cleaning, not, glass only cleaning. It's what's on my van, my ad's, and my business cards and it's what I do. I want the finished job to look very good not just from inside but also from the outside. For the  customer and also for the neighbours across the road or passing, to admire. They may be inspired to request my services. The part of a good job that stands out the most from across the road is not the glass. It is nice fresh and clean looking frames. An average sized window takes me a lot less than a minute including frames and sill, usually 20-30 seconds and I can charge a professional rate for a quality service. I wouldn't do it much quicker if I only did the glass, nor would I want to do it quicker.

I'm certain I would not have the amount of regular, loyal customers I have, if I wasn't as professional and thorough as I strive to be.

Each to their own but I would not do half a job. Mind, I guess your a help to the rest of us for comparison purposes. I suspect that you have a long standing customer base that sticks with you but I doubt it would be easy to build a decent round from scratch these days with glass only washes and frames left dirty.

I'm sure it wouldn't be easy in my area. I've seen several start up and disappear in my six years. And quite a few established ones have also disappeared. Lack of professionalism and drive plus shoddy workmanship was my observation.
Totally agree , if you only do the glass and people watching seeing that they will think you are doing half a job and wouldn’t want you doing there’s , I have never Hurd of Cleaning glass only and don’t know anyone that does  work like that we work from Cornwall up to London and never been asked fir glass only all expect the frames to be cleaned .

I offer glass and sills or complete window cleaning.
For me, if you clean glass only that makes you a GLASS cleaner, not a window cleaner. I'm a little bit confused as to why you would even offer glass only (and sills). It would absolutely bug the hell out of me if I rocked up to clean a house and cleaned the glass only while the frames were absolutely manky. Don't think I could do it. Just my 2p,

Back