Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public Liability Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Best Public Liability insurance IMO is Tradesman Saver. You have to go direct to them, they also include solar panel cleaning/installation, Gutter cleaning/ installation and other exterior cleaning ( soft washing) With simply Business from what I gather you can only have 2 trades a primary and a secondary. But tradesman saver you can have a load more. They also do good personal accident cover too.

Good morning all, just to clarify a few things for you:

Gleaming offer cover including full damage to property worked on and treatment risks (up to the full limit of indemnity) and that covers ANYTHING you are cleaning including Glass, Frames, Soffits, anything! 

You can also choose to include height work (including ladders, platforms, cherry pickers, abseiling etc).

We can provide both Public and Employers Liability cover for window cleaners and our excess is only £150 per incident and no excess for employers liability insurance. We also provide £1000 of tools and equipment cover for free within your policy.

If anyone would like a quote then you just need to visit our website.

Lots of others claim to offer these covers but when you read into their wording they DON'T or the excess is £250 or £500 -  be very wary when you arrange your cover. If it is cheap, then there is a reason for that, and I am always happy to show you where in the wording it fails.

Other than that, I would wish you all a very Happy New Year.

I pay 17 quid a month for 2m cover with gleaming.

It sounds expensive but it is the most comprehensive policy I have found so well worth it imo.

I was paying 15 quid for 1m but very easy to upgrade online if needed later.

It covers losing customers keys and locksmiths etc and also forgetting to lock up a premises and then they get robbed.

For the work I do for landlords etc that is perfect as I have a bunch of customers keys.

Here's something new, well it is for me, I am currently looking to renew my PL Insurance. For the last 4 years I have someone that helps me when I'm doing gutters. He has his own business, supplies some of the tools, ladders, has his own insurance and invoices me. Because he works with me, under my instruction, I now have to have Employers Liability Cover as it's classed as a Labour Only agreement. If he did the work on his own I wouldn't need it. 

Here's something new, well it is for me, I am currently looking to renew my PL Insurance. For the last 4 years I have someone that helps me when I'm doing gutters. He has his own business, supplies some of the tools, ladders, has his own insurance and invoices me. Because he works with me, under my instruction, I now have to have Employers Liability Cover as it's classed as a Labour Only agreement. If he did the work on his own I wouldn't need it. 
Well on your next job he will be on his own, I take it. ?

Back