Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump controller ionic system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Most ionics welded threaded things in the tanks are 3/4 inch it doesn’t look like an ionics float switch to me but maybe there export version is  different to  the uk versions ???

I would try a pair of gas pliers and gently try unscrewing it anti clockwise both bits are plastic so it shouldn’t be corroded 
Will definitely try both your methods and update you guys. You guys are saviour's tonight. I will let you know once I have it outside. So far managed to get the tank filled for tonight and ready for tomorrows work. 

Worst case scenario fill the tank and keep an eye on it once it gets towards full turn it off manually , that would keep you working until you can get a replacement   
That's how I managed to do it to tonight ...I kept an eye and switched off manually.

If you can't get the old one out can you drill a new hole (no idea on that material) and fit a new different type float switch? As some have said it's probably a plastic welded boss so don't apply any releasing oil to it as things like WD40 may cause the plastic to expand making the situation worse. 

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Just curious, in your country do window cleaners have regular 'rounds' like visit same customer every 4 or 8 weeks or is it more a call when people want windows cleaned about once a year? 

If you can't get the old one out can you drill a new hole (no idea on that material) and fit a new different type float switch? As some have said it's probably a plastic welded boss so don't apply any releasing oil to it as things like WD40 may cause the plastic to expand making the situation worse. 

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Just curious, in your country do window cleaners have regular 'rounds' like visit same customer every 4 or 8 weeks or is it more a call when people want windows cleaned about once a year? 
Thanks for the advice.

Basically the client will call you when they feel like. However I have a few expatriates who have organized rounds every 3 months. Also commercial building are much better for having rounds than residential. Everyday is a new day. However I have other things going on such as carpet cleaning and sofa cleaning. 

Latest Posts

Back