Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ocahan01

Hi,
I’m looking for recommendations on a pump to transfer water from a holding tank of pure water to my van. I’ve looked at many submergible pumps but can’t find one that will fit in the opening of my lbc tank . The opening is 6 inches In Diameter but most pumps are slightly over that. 
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an external water transfer pump purchased from Amazon, makes more sense to me, no issues with getting it through the hole or having to cut the tank.

Hi,
I’m looking for recommendations on a pump to transfer water from a holding tank of pure water to my van. I’ve looked at many submergible pumps but can’t find one that will fit in the opening of my lbc tank . The opening is 6 inches In Diameter but most pumps are slightly over that. 
There are plenty of post replies if you read through the forum or use the search bar.

Have a look at Machine Mart as they sell plenty of pumps.

You have two options, submerged or surface mount

Pro's & cons 

You'll need to find a pump with a high enough transfer volume as you'll be waiting all day.

Also if using an IBC not all submerged pumps fit through the fill hole

Watch YouTube helps also 

Hi,
A while back someone put up a sketch on how to cut your IBC tank in such a way you can create a larger opening for a sub pump. Once the sub pump is fitted you can then 'seal up' the cut.

Back