Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Battery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wenson

Hi. I expect you have read from previous posts now retired I only clean my semi + conservatory about every 6-8 weeks . I have for ages used an old 33Ah car battery which will not even turn a car over but plenty left to power pump and controller.

This morning I cleaned back of house + conservatory but when I went to clean from the pump was pulsating with about 6 inch flow of water from jests. Did a look on forum and most suggested to calibrate the controller (non digital).

I thought this cannot be the problem as it was ok at back of house but not front. I put battery back on charge for about 30 mins and it was fine. The bottom line is there is not enough charge now to clean my house so off to dump it goes. The box ,battery, pump & controller weighs 29Lbs. In itself not heavy but when you have to lift it off a shelf with poor lower back it is no joke.

I do not want to buy a car battery as not needed. I have a varistream analogue controller and a shurflo 100psi pump. The pump draws 8Ah at max flow but with controller I have read anything between 2-4AH per hour. Looking on gardiners site and they sell a 12v 12Ah battery, never heard of the make and a charger to go with it.

It is true the V3 pack is only 60psi but what I would like your opinions on would this would be suitable set up to power my pump & controller?? Considering I am only cleaning my house and does not even take that long I think it would be ok. There are other make of 12 v 12Ah batteries out there but need to know if the battery power would be enough. Thanks

A 12v sealed lead acid would work OK, one 12AH would be fine but you do need a charger for it.
The Gardiner backpacks do have 60psi pumps at a max of about 2.3l/min. They work great and pull less than 3 amps.
You can buy sealed lead acids from the likes of Screwfix or Toolstation but you really need a suitable charger as they should really only be charged at about 1.2amps.

My Pure Freedom trolley used to have a Sureflo 5lpm 100psi pump on it and a 24ah golf cart battery. I would regularly do a day and a half of very compact work with it on a full charge. So the 12ah battery from Gardiners will be fine for just your house. If you bought Gardiner's charger though you would need to change the ends of the leads for Croc clips or female spade terminals.

Latest Posts

Back