Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom adjustment

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Hey when reeling the hose out it feels slack and it keeps looping over. Is there a way to adjust anything to make it have some resistance when reeling out to slow it down fractionally, the rake is turned off but this is because its too stuff to reep out I feel like they must be. A way to adjust the position of the chain slightly.

Hey when reeling the hose out it feels slack and it keeps looping over. Is there a way to adjust anything to make it have some resistance when reeling out to slow it down fractionally, the rake is turned off but this is because its too stuff to reep out I feel like they must be. A way to adjust the position of the chain slightly.
Yes you can but I cannot remember what it is give pure freedom ring they will talk you through it

Unwind the entire hose and then reel it back in making sure you create a fair bit of tension when reeling it back in....

Unwind the entire hose and then reel it back in making sure you create a fair bit of tension when reeling it back in....
Do this each and every time, as I run ut through a cloth each time to keep it clean. I will try turning the power of the motor down to day and see if this helps usually run around 80.

Just an update for the sake of future searches I've phoned pure freedom they say my problem is because the chain has stretched and its a common problem over time the only way to fix this is by replacing the chain or by putting the brake mode on and using it like this.

Just an update for the sake of future searches I've phoned pure freedom they say my problem is because the chain has stretched and its a common problem over time the only way to fix this is by replacing the chain or by putting the brake mode on and using it like this.
How old is it, mine are over 4 years old and I run 8mm and haven't had this happen often

Brake mode? How do you set that up?
I would try and adjust the chain slack at the motor end.

Brake mode? How do you set that up?
I would try and adjust the chain slack at the motor end.
I mentioned the motor end adjustment he said it wouldn't do anything.

Brake mode is for when your travelling I think puts resistance on to stop movement of hose. To activate brake mode press and hold the first to button up and down arrows it will come up saying brake off press the the top arrow to select on then press the 3rd button

How old is it, mine are over 4 years old and I run 8mm and haven't had this happen often
Mines around the 2 year mark. Tbh it wouldn't bother most people but I like things to work as they should.

I have 6mm hose x 100 meters.

He also said to run them at a speed of 60.

Hands up I've been running 90 time is money ?

Would I'm guessing me using close to full power stretches the chain quicker.

OK so I know it's different but when I had a motorbike the chain used to wear and there was adjustment on the swing arm to take up the slack but not too much as then you would put pressure on the sprocket bearings.
So relating that back to the PF reel, I would say try and lubricate the chain with cycle or motorbike chain lube then take up the slack and see if that helps. Just don't tighten it too much as that might not help the motor bearings!
You only have some lub and a little time to loose trying it.

I been lubricating mine with mountain bike chain oil for wet conditions. Ive always had mine set to 100. Get a price of them for fitting a new chain. (Suppose you would have to ship it back in a pallet). Or ask if they do a replacement kit with instructions like they do for the brass fitting with carbon insert that always goes wrong in the winter.

I been lubricating mine with mountain bike chain oil for wet conditions. Ive always had mine set to 100. Get a price of them for fitting a new chain. (Suppose you would have to ship it back in a pallet). Or ask if they do a replacement kit with instructions like they do for the brass fitting with carbon insert that always goes wrong in the winter.
There only 40 miles away so I will drop the another call and see if they will.

Hood to hear everyone else runs it on full whack

Back