Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom reel chain replacement

WCF

Help Support WCF:

newpin

Fairly easy to do greased the bearings also. It's been abused the last 4 years and held up well but the chain had stretched.

Attachments

• 20240913_143248.jpg
    20240913_143248.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240913_151047.jpg
    20240913_151047.jpg
    749.9 KB · Views: 0
Fairly easy to do greased the bearings also. It's been abused the last 4 years and held up well but the chain had stretched.
They are a right pita to work on , the chain adjustment is very awkward, why they made the removable plate on the inside of the reel rather than the outside end I have no idea , if a chain comes off again it’s very awkward to put it back on the whole design of the reel is very poor but it is well made and far heavier duty than needed but that’s what you expect of an engineering company now it’s owned by wcw who knows what will happen, but ime sure it won’t improve the products .

To be honest I found it okay to work on.

I had the power up 3d and to replace a belt on that was way worse than this.

But yes they could make it a tad easier.

My chain had stretched 4 years of 100 reel in power. So was always going to happen.

Are the xline electric reels any good I think that's what I go for if I was to buy again.

Latest Posts

Back