Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quality versus price

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I dont like super compact work to be honest.

2-3 house in one spot is ok but i wouldnt want to be in one spot all day without moving the van.

I like a 2 min drive here and there between jobs. breaks it up, give a little rest especially when its red hot get the windows down and some air in for 2 mins. stop at a shop etc

Also if you cover say a 5 mile radius like i do, at the begining its spread out, but as you advertise more and more it starts to "fill in" and jobs that were 10 mins apart start to get linked together like a dot to dot  .   All of my work now is never more than 2 mins drive from another job even though i cover a 5 mile radius and quite a few villages/towns... so whilst its not compact as such, it is still pretty efficent, especially with an electric reel and a heavy right foot.

I do my fair share of good priced runabouts so I get what your sayin and most(not all) compact work tends towards be a little on the shy side when it comes to prices due to it being established many moons ago so sometimes you do have to graft to get the money in. My aim is to bring all my prices up to date on my compact stuff. Imagine cleaning rows upon rows of £10/15 semis were you can easily do 6/7 per hour with out breaking a sweat. You could go two ways with it, be coining it in or work till dinner and still turn over a good wage.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back