Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Question for skyvac camera owners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah it's **** you pay them all that cash and the mounting system is garbage and you still have to be inventive... I've just made two new fittings that will be placed permanently on my poles to replace the old rubbish grey one pictured. They point directly at to the end of my gutter tool. They will be zipped field tied onit the gutter tools. Then just screw on camera..

Attachments

• 20231204_200003.JPG
    20231204_200003.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231204_195934.JPG
    20231204_195934.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 15
In the end it all comes down to what type of work one does. Commercial and you will need a record of before and after which is easy to transfer to the client. Domestic customers then its just for our own visibility.

I agree with you - the skyvac camera system is the crappiest thing I've bought for my business over the last ten years. Like you say, the camera doesn't stay in one position and the picture is absolutely terrible. I wish I'd sent it back but I made the mistake of actually using it on a job and the camera got scratched up on the tiles.

I now use a GoPro, and have been for the last couple of years, and mount it on my spare gardiner pole and just look periodically.

We've been using Sponaclean kit for 12 years and their kit has improved vastly especially with the newer and more expensive Surveycam. But the range between screen and camera works at a 30m plus range with high quality recording and a l9ng battery life. I've modified ours as the fixing ball joint looks to be similar to the other. Undo the screw and add a thin piece of material or rubber. Once tighten up the camera can be fixed or if you undo the pressure moved for example if you want to view down a downpipe (Surveycam Haa 2 led lights you can switch on from the monitor). Hope this helps, Keith

I’ve got a few thoughts on the skyvac camera system, and to be honest not many of them are particularly complimentary but I’d love to know..

Has anyone that owns it ever managed to keep it in the same angle it was in when they fitted it to the vac end on the ground?

I’ve tightened every conceivable part to within an inch of its life yet it doesn’t seem to matter what I do with it within 3 minutes of actually having the camera on the slightest touch, or a bird farting 4 doors down, moves the camera so much it becomes instantly useless, usually pointing in the complete opposite direction to the actual gutter…

Fingers crosses it’s me being an idiot..
Gopro...
I've not read all the replies, but I think the price is the camera set up is expensive, so I purchased a Gopro which will Bluetooth to your phone, and you can use the Gopro for other things.

Latest Posts

Back