Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quick question before ordering new pressure washer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This doesn't get all of the area in, I am stood with maybe a third of it behind me, it took me about 20mins to do the lot including turbo nozzle on the edges at the end. My friend actually timed me.

looks good! so how much did you charge utterly if you don't mind me asking you don't have to tell me as i guess its personal /emoticons/tongue.png

On the topic of 21 lpm pumps i have an observation after a couple of days use..The first job i did i used a bladder tank and it was fairly powerful but i was using a turbo nozzle ith .5 orrifice as opposed to the suggested .65 so i was restricting waterflow by using a slightly smaller hole so i wasnt getting it maxed out.

I then did a approx 70 sqm drive which would normally take about 90 mns and i was done in under an hour however i just did it from there exterior tap and the difference from a bladder fed hose was massive. I then did another job where the water pressure was fantastic out the tap so i did the same again and the power and flow was incredible..I was literally blown away ..

Now i appreciate all water pressure is not the same job to job and i have only done a couple of day with it but it performed much better out the mains..Now it might be that the nozzle size is restricting it just enough and a bigger nozzle it may not work so well . I know it will decrease the life of the turbo nozzle but the amount of time its saving far outweighs a new nozzle ..Im wondering if it will somehow damage the pump but to me it was underperforming out a bladder and that was with a 3/4 inch hose and 3/4inch non tapered filter..

Any thoughts guys

There is also no way you can run a 21 lpm pump on a direct feed from a tap whithout knackering the pump. It's also naughty to do as the water company could fine you too if they found out as you are trying to draw more water from a tap than it can provide.

I have seen that video smurf and that was why i mentioned it was 3/4 inch straight through and not tapering at all .

It had me wee bit puzzled and got me thinking that maybe there is some benefit to having 2 water inlets after all. Dont get me wrong it was powerful with the buffer tank but it was a different beast out the mains.

Or because the pump is not being pushed water but basically sucking it out the bladder tank that it can only work at a certain rate...

I get what you are saying but would it not have the opposite effect if it was not getting enough out the mains as opposed to performing better with more pressure and flow rate.

As i said i wonder if the nozzle played a part because it wasnt 21lpm going through it...

Are you priming the pump properly?

Also do you have that brass filter the chap was on about in the vid that restricts the flow?

Priming the pump? you have me worried now smurf! I just stick the hoses in the barrel and start her up?

You should be getting more psi & flow drawing from a buffer tank that a tap no matter what tip you are using as should not make any difference at all.

Interpumps are all self priming but there is a correct way to do it and this is what I do.

1. Start the washer on choke & full throttle with the trigger pulled in.

2. Take the choke off & throttle back so water start being drawn from the buffer tank

3. On a good steady strong flow then throttle up to whatever you want to run it at.

Works for me

I will try that and see if that makes a difference . The power etc was really good from tank so I think it was working fine tbh ..certainly more powerful than my previous 4000psi 15lpm it was just better out the mains.

Back