Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quote for window cleaning of flats

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have been to Price this lot up today ( for soft washing ) for a very large management company they said what ever my price is they will just add a percentage  to that price and infirm the owners and see if they want to go ahead , all the management companies we deal with work the same way , is this unusual??? We work for about 12 different ones 

View attachment 23107

View attachment 23108

View attachment 23109

View attachment 23110

View attachment 23111

View attachment 23112

View attachment 23113
That’s an unusual way to work.How can they work to a budget?

Most sites have a reserve fund but if it’s not in the budget the residents aren’t going to keep dipping into their own pockets continually.

All my gutter work is in the budget, most annually, some twice a year some once every 2 or 3 years but always budgeted for.
Huuuum we have some jobs that are done annually like gutter vaccing that is budgeted in but a lot are done as and when required I have no idear if the residents or the owners foot the bill and provided I get paid don’t care how it gets laid ???

They usually just charge an annual fee to organise insurance, gardening, window cleaning etc, never heard of them putting extra on, sounds very dodgy to me. The Accounts are done annually and bank statements should show where the money has gone, with the invoices to show it's correct.  
I looked at working with one company down here that charge all contractors a % based on how much work they gave you.Like a legal back hander for the work they give you.

madness I told them no thanks.

That’s an unusual way to work.How can they work to a budget?

Most sites have a reserve fund but if it’s not in the budget the residents aren’t going to keep dipping into their own pockets continually.
No idear , but that’s what happens the softwashing pictures I posted above I will be very surprised if we don’t get it and that’s many thousands of pounds of work   That will be authorised by the owners and they must lay for it I assume ????! 

I looked at working with one company down here that charge all contractors a % based on how much work they gave you.Like a legal back hander for the work they give you.

I would tell them what they could do with there work wouldn’t be doing that .

The one I do a lot of work for in the Cambridge area charge a fee to manage the H&S aspect as you have to be an approved contractor. Usually a few hundred quid a year, totally immoral and probably illegal but PM work is so unregulated they can get away with it.

The way I have described is how all the ones I deal with work I assumed that was how it works ???? We get 99% of all the prices we submit to management companies and I don’t go in cheap . Most of the extras like gutter vaccing, soft washing pressure washing isn’t in the properties annual budget fir maintaining the place that only covers wibdiw cleaning , internal cleaning , gardening , the other jobs are authorised by the building owners in an individual case , hope this makes sense , like the pictures I posted above for soft washing.  
If extra work comes up and they continue to give it only to you then put a percentage on and it’s going over budget to the point they need more funds that’s not fair tendering.

Good for you mind but not for the people these management companies are supposed to working for.

If extra work comes up and they continue to give it only to you then put a percentage on and it’s going over budget to the point they need more funds that’s not fair tendering.

Good for you mind but not for the people these management companies are supposed to working for.
The management companies we work for ask us to quote for  lots of different stuff we are approved contractors in a number of areas window, guttervaccing , softwashing , etc sometimes we get asked to vac gutters on a property we don’t clean the windows on beacause that cleaner doesn’t do that work  , the softwashing pictures I  put up is a point in case we don’t do the windows there but they want us to soft wash the buildings for  them as we are an approved contractor to do that type of work . I have no idear how it all works we just give them a price and do the jobs ??? and best bit is getting paid ??

That's different type of Property Management, Anchor will own the buildings and the flats will be leasehold or rented from Anchor.
We do a lot of that type of set up 

Most of my work the management companies work in a similar way as to @Part Timer

@PjjThe ones you work for work in an unusual way.Great for you mind.Not so much for the owners.

A lot of management firms are spring up round here now.I have lost two contracts in the last couple of years both were honest and said they need to get the price down to save costs and needed it cheaper.

I don’t  see that it has to be tendered work the building owners are free to have who they want to do the work for them it’s not public sector work . 

Most of my work the management companies work in a similar way as to @Part Timer

@PjjThe ones you work for work in an unusual way.Great for you mind.Not so much for the owners.

A lot of management firms are spring up round here now.I have lost two contracts in the last couple of years both were honest and said they need to get the price down to save costs and needed it cheaper.

I have no idear but we work for  some very large management companies and have done so for  18 + years I assumed that was how they all worked ???  

I don’t  see that it has to be tendered work the building owners are free to have who they want to do the work for them it’s not public sector work . 
As I said your work isn't the "usual" PM type work yours are for the single property owner where usually there are multiple owners that are "managed" in a residential management company. You invoice each Anchor Site and they collect the service charges. Mine and @Cghwindowcleaning work is with the individual flat owners through the PM company whose job is to represent the owners and secure them the best deal they can by tendering the work. I believe for small amounts it doesn't need to go to tender but should always be put to the Residential Management Committee.  

I think you do a lot for Hanover housing and similar companies.

I do work for clarion and they work slightly similar to yours.

I believe they own the sites Hanover do.Residents then tend to rent properties from them and Hanover have approved contractors who they give the work to.Even if the residents are unhappy with the service they can’t vote Hanover out as Hanover own the sites.

I use Hanover as an example.

The block management work on private flats work slightly different.

The owners and lease holder appoint a management firm if they are unhappy with the service the management firm are providing they can vote and remove them when the contract is up or breached.

overspending could be one of the reasons,poor service etc.

Two sites I clean changed companies to new separate management firms one got shot of me and one kept me on.They all work different.

As I said your work isn't the "usual" PM type work yours are for the single property owner where usually there are multiple owners that are "managed" in a residential management company. You invoice each Anchor Site and they collect the service charges. Mine and @Cghwindowcleaning work is with the individual flat owners through the PM company whose job is to represent the owners and secure them the best deal they can by tendering the work. I believe for small amounts it doesn't need to go to tender but should always be put to the Residential Management Committee.  
That was how I was trying to explain it but You explained it better with less waffle.??

Back